Game 26: Michigan at Rutgers Open Thread

3 point marksman Xavier Simpson

7 Likes

Alright alright alright

YOU CANNOT LEAVE JEFF JACKSON OPEN. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN???

10 Likes

Shhhh don’t tell anyone.

1 Like

Rutgers changing its ball screen defense after Simpson was so good passing out of ball screens in the first meeting.

RU going under every screen and Simpson responds with a pair of wide open threes.

U-M leads 8-6 at the U16.

5 Likes

It looks like UM has really emphasized being tougher on the glass. You can see it.

1 Like

Simpson 9/17 from 3 since his return

5 Likes

Praying the Pikiell gets spooked and reverts to the hedge

1 Like

Gotta get the loose balls tonight, we can win this game.

MSU tried a similar strategy and Z hit the 3. Similar result tonight. Kudos. Much more consistent with that shot when it’s left that open.

8 Likes

Jeff Jackson is an elite 3 point shooter. X was average to below average

7 Likes

I know Howard’s philosophy is to establish Teske on the first possession of the game but I’m So tired with watching the same post up play every game which I’d assume has had very low success of finding the bottom of the basket in the last 10-15 games. Would rather see more flow on the first possession then just dumping it to the block

6 Likes

He might. They’ve been really bad at recovering after going under so far, as Bonner correctly pointed out. Likely that they’re not used to it.

Seems part of our identity at this point man. IDK. Lots of good looks Teske is getting, just missing. Like the message it sends. Like that the opponent knows it’s coming. Part of a culture thing Howard is doing. I’m willing to give it more time.

Looks like switching ball screen now

More finishes like that for Teske, plz

1 Like

Heck of a start for Simpson.

1 Like

Love those Gumby arms

In control

1 Like

Very pretty assist from Brooks

1 Like