Game 27: Michigan at Purdue Open Thread

An important note on open thread behavior: Please stick to discussing the game. If you are addressing a person with a personal attack or insult, you will lose posting privileges.

If you find a post inappropriate …

DON’T: Use insults to address another poster.

DO: Add the person to your ignored or muted users list or flag the post as inappropriate (as long as it is inappropriate, misuse of the flagging feature will also result in moderation).

DON’T: Attempt to explain to someone who you disagree with why they are a bad poster/person/troll/etc.

DO: Discuss the basketball game at hand, debate strategy, debate anything that happens on the court.

1 Like
8 Likes
2 Likes

Referees for Michigan at Purdue: Bill Ek, Rob Riley and Courtney Green.

Green and Ek also were in the crew that did the first meeting between these two teams, FWIW.

Boot free and sweatpants free…

That means Isaiah will probably start.

Hallelujah!

2 Likes

Livers looks like the evolved form of Nunez in that photo.

8 Likes

It’s more apparent in this one

6 Likes

Purdue is scorching at home, but imagine the wonders this does for the team’s confidence if they can win B2B road games against tournament quality teams.

That Rutgers win took a lot of angst off the result of this one. It will be interesting to see how Purdue handles the underlying pressure of pretty much needing to win out plus perhaps one in the BTT to make the dance.

9 Likes

Inducting Robbie Hummel into Purdue HOF, and he’s calling the game. Yikes

1 Like

Ugh gross. Nothing against Hummel but can’t really expect any partiality in that situation.

3 Likes

Yeah, agreed on that. Came into the week thinking that if we grabbed 1/2 we’d be in good shape. My hope now is that we the guys can get on a roll…every game here on out is winnable

1 Like
3 Likes

Hummel is my favorite of the analysts that do Big Ten games.

1 Like

Much rather have Hummel than Dakich…

10 Likes

Yeah Hummel is one of my favorites. Probably will be a little weird given the circumstance though - either he will be a homer or go out of his way to try not to be a homer and seem impartial, which may affect the commentary.