Game 25: Indiana at Michigan Recap

1 Like

I agree with you on attacking close outs. Earlier in the season M would have fired up a bunch of 3’s. Today was some pretty basketball. As somebody used to say, “get two feet in the paint”.

How many bad shots did M take today? Not many. Everybody played unselfish. Everybody played with patience. Everybody looked to make the extra pass.

4 Likes
1 Like

FWIW, a boot is basically typical treatment for any degree of ankle sprain.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it was intentional or not but Teske appeared to be a much smaller part of the offense today than he has been. Whether it’s just how the ball landed or a strategic shift it’s obviously much easier to watch him struggle on 5 shots than 14.

Also, it could just be the competition level, but it’s been good seeing Johns actually successfully play in traffic under the hoop instead of dipping his shoulder, power dribbling, and fouling.

I think Teske’s usage has more to do with how Michigan was scoring (ball screen kick outs, transition, etc.) You don’t beat IU by pounding the ball inside.

Anybody have a link for a replay?

Johns was so impressive today. He just seems so comfortable and in-control on both ends. The made threes are just icing on the cake.

4 Likes

“ Livers is day-to-day after injuring his ankle in the second half. ”:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Great recap of a great game - up there with the best of the season.

Unless he’s truly 100%, I think I’d be ok with Livers skipping Rutgers. The kind of game they play, with crazy effort, loose balls, scrambles and general chaos, seems non-ideal for a guy recovering from 2, maybe 3, separate lower body injuries.

1 Like

I think it just comes down to how healthy he is. I do think that Rutgers is the best chance that U-M has at a road win down the stretch. Really big week coming up.

1 Like

Ridonculous and absurd I say. We have a great shot to pick up a I-A road win with him on the floor

I like to post random stuff I see at the games that probably doesn’t make the broadcast. Today there was a media timeout in the second half and Mo Wagner had moved over to the seats right next to the announcers. During the timeout, they played one of those videos on the scoreboard and it was Mo saying “Come on Crisler, we need you to get loud!” He looked up and saw it playing and looked really embarrassed. He kept shaking his had like “No No no” as the kid next to him patted him on the shoulder.

The second moment was the end of the game when Bajema hit the 3. As he ran down the court, Derrick Walton, sitting in the front row, was holding his hand out flashing the “3” sign. You can barely see it in this tweeted video right at the 4 second mark:

10 Likes

I’m surprised you think the RAC is more likely than OSU in Columbus or Purdue in Mackey. Rutgers is 17-0 there and that place has been jumping.

2 Likes

I think OSU is a significantly better team than Rutgers. Purdue… maybe that one is close

2 Likes

Their home record is spotless but they’ve had some close calls lately and they’re on a bit of a slide. 2-3 in their last five, home nailbiters against Nebraska and Northwestern, etc.

They looked strong against Illinois, but the Illini were missing Dosunmu and probably still reeling from the MSU game.

3 Likes

If Livers is feeling pretty good on Wed he’s going to want to play. Remember he said when he plays he goes all out. It’s his DNA. He won’t hold back.

3 Likes

Great game today. I think this is what we were hoping for when Livers came back.

We need to see if IU can get Archie a lifetime contract or something. Coaching malpractice on his part to watch us tear up his ball screen D every year without any sort of adjustment. They just do not look like a well-coached team at all.

1 Like

Hoosiers take:

Cole might have the purest stroke on the team

8 Likes