Isaiah Livers goes down again as Michigan's search for answers continues

2 Likes

Is there any word on how Bajema looks in practice? Any chance he could crack the rotation at some point?

2 Likes

I think the fact that he hasn’t played and Juwan has basically brushed aside any question about him by talking about how some freshman aren’t ready to play speaks to the fact that he’s probably not ready.

I get that it is easy to point to the one thing you can’t see and say it might help, but why wouldn’t he have gotten a shot if he was playing well in practice?

It’s tough to see Livers in pain. Groin injuries can take while to heal. Hopefully, he can be be back for the Big 10 tournament. This teams needs to have fun as they play hard. The regular season title is out of reach. I think Howard should treat the rest of Big 10 play like a preseason for the Big 10 tournament. Win the tournament and you make the big dance. Heck, with the Gonzaga win making the conference tournament finals is probably enough for a 10 seed.

1 Like

Looked like he was close to tears, if not in tears a bit, on the bench. Very sad to see a great kid like that in that state.

8 Likes

Yeah. I don’t want him to end up with something that requires surgery because he tries to return too early in an attempt to help his teammates.

1 Like

Hard to see this team making the conference tournament finals even with Livers, but that may be there best shot at this point because I’m not sure they even get to 7 conference wins at this point.

There has been a lot of different information on whether the injury is the same or not.

From the article: “You can look at it and feel good that maybe there wasn’t a huge reinjury or a new issue.”

Didn’t know where to post this and hadn’t seen this anywhere yet.

1 Like

Yikes. The hits keep coming.

The official Michigan position is that the injury is different. How that got mixed up in an article published by Michigan… I’m not completely sure.

Could have just been Livers reacting before he really had an official diagnosis? Not completely sure.

Also there’s no official timeframe or anything else so tough to gauge the situation.

1 Like

Judging by the fourth photo, Livers looks to be out again tomrw (standing on the sideline on the far right).

1 Like

I’m hoping by Saturday. That’d be rough to have him out for both MSU games.

2 Likes