Game 12: Air Force at Michigan Open Thread

This is a guarantee game… that’s to be expected. Player development should be a priority in this game. Other guys don’t get taken out the second they make a mistake and neither should he.

I’m going to go ahead and continue to agree with how Beilein runs his team and develops his players. Thanks.

4 Likes

Winning the game is the priority… Johns came into the game and Michigan got shredded twice. It isn’t a rec league games, he needs to figure out how to come into a real game and 3 or 4 possessions without making a mistake.

I think those two possessions were in a streak where Michigan had about 20 stops in 22 possessions too…

He put Teske back in the game because he’s playing defense out of his mind this half.

2 Likes

Wrong. Teske and Matthews both got taken out after fouling.

1 Like

Karch Kiraly shoutout from the announcer!

Ouch there Iggy

Man the B1G schedule can’t get here fast enough

8 first half turnovers. Too many.

We still think we chalk it up to sloppiness against lesser opponents or are there some deeper issues here that will start to rear their head when big ten play resumes?

Strong defensive performance in the first half is more along the lines of what we came to expect early in the year. I think you have to expect that the offense will struggle at different times this year when the 3-pointer isn’t falling.

I’ve got under 129.5. Just putting it out there for when these juggernauts combine for 81 in the second half!

Fouling is different, that’s to prevent foul trouble (although I also wish Beilein didn’t do autobench after 2 fouls, but that’s another matter). I understand that he made a mistake out there and that winning is a priority, but the fact that he got in the game at all means Beilein saw something that indicated Johns can help the team win today (he wouldn’t have done it otherwise.) Guys make mistakes and I think while today’s game is the #1 priority, there should also be an eye on the B1G season. Just a few more possessions is all I’m asking for, I’m not saying he should be the primary guy haha

Eli 3-4. Rest of team 8-24.

1 Like

Loving the confidence from him today

Team just hasn’t looked good for a while now. One positive is seeing Brooks play well. I’m a fan of his game and I want him to have a good career here.

2 Likes

What the heck?

Wasn’t John’s pulled after fouling the 3 point shooter?

2 Likes

Indeed he was.

Teams combine for 18 points in four minutes plus