Game 10: South Carolina at Michigan Open Thread

Yes. His previous high was 22 vs George Washington

Rough rough game defensively

Iā€™m I the only one thinking Elmore is brutal to listen to

9 Likes

Sparty in a battle with UF. 2 point game with just over a minute left.

Nice to see ya back Livers!

Theyā€™ve made some good defensive plays but it seems like sc got a bunch of second chances

Brooks should be in for Simpson, free throws.

1 Like

Awful foul call there.

NW pulled it off. Florida down 2 with the ball against MSU with 1 minute left.

Good griefā€¦bad D, turnovers, what a day. Still getting the W, but we havenā€™t played too great the last 2 games.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a wrap, Michigan moves to 10-0 with 89-78 win over South Carolina.

1 Like

Roomies Poole and Livers both 4-7 from three.

1 Like

Guys that can draw fouls and get to the line are so valuable. Iggy takes bagel from three (0-4) makes only 3 FGs and finishes with 17.

7 Likes

I think Austin Davis needs to never play again. Iā€™m not trying to be mean but heā€™s awful ā€¦ literally does not belong on the same court as the other players

Donnal or Davis?

Donnal, not close

2 Likes

Player Bullets from my view in the stands.

Poole: his best game in a Michigan uniform IMO. His ability to hit threes off the dribble is flat out elite. Itā€™s crazy how efficient heā€™s been recently. It look a like heā€™s ready to take the ā€œco-primary optionā€ role alongside Iggy.

Iggy: Had some bad three point luck and a couple potential and-ones rim out, but his steady free throw shooting is so huge for the team right now. I donā€™t think the post shots that were hit against him are efficient options for most teams.

Simpson: standard Simpson game, not much to see here. Had some tough finishes.

Matthews: had his Matthews moments, but I was super impressed in his ability to not sulk about them. He had some wonderful hustle plays that gave us some extra possessions. I noticed that he got beaten off the dribble a couple times whichever was unfortunate.

Teske: better than my most optimistic predictions this season. Heā€™s a flat out difference maker out there. Thatā€™s not something I expected to say earlier in his career. His finishing has become SO much stronger from last year.

Livers: was able to get open looks and hit them. You canā€™t really ask for more. The off the dribble three was unexpected and nice to see. Defensive struggles at the 5 were understandable considering Silvaā€™s ability.

Brooks: nothing to complain about.

Davis: I think the pass shouldā€™ve been caught, but I donā€™t think he was as disastrous as many at the game were saying. Itā€™s just kinda to the point where the offense gets super bogged down when he checks in.

4 Likes

I felt like the d wasnā€™t terrible for most the game, it seemed like they hit a lot of tough shots I didnā€™t think would go down. Definitely some lapses though. Agree with the turnovers obviously.

I do think SC played above their norm and I donā€™t think the defense was ā€œterribleā€ either but it was certainly not to the level we have seen in other games.

I was one of the few that thought he could develop into a nice big off the bench and Spain made me feel stronger about that but at this point Iā€™m submitting that maybe he just doesnā€™t have it. I think the one thing heā€™s above average at potentially is low post scoring/ moves and itā€™s just not really a focal point of our offensive style. If he could just give us 8-10 minutes of tough rebounding , setting nice screens, and the occasional finish that would be huge but itā€™s just been bad. Now itā€™s almost to the point where heā€™s been so bad heā€™s lost confidence and is playing spastic and itā€™s compounding his weaknesses.

Itā€™s good we got a chance to reorganize against some smaller squads coming up and if Iā€™m coach b Iā€™m really trying to get johns and maybe castleton some serious minutes in real time to try and find some bench help.

The small ball lineup needs to be explored and it could be effective in spot minutes. Maybe he uses it as a chance to give Davis one last chance to right the ship and gain confidence but I think you gotta get johns at least ten meaningful minutes each game here.

2 Likes