Four-star wing Jalen Wilson reopens recruitment

Dylan, any chance at all you think he recommits to Michigan, assuming we hire a coach in the next week or so?

Ahh yes ā€œThe General!ā€

Iā€™m sure when it came public knowledge JB went NBA,Mike White and many other coaches were blowing up the Wilson cell phones.

That was really great seeing GTFOmycourt and INmycourt having a few direct exchanges :point_up: :laughing:

2 Likes

Heā€™ll most likely go to Kansas is what Iā€™m hearing, Michigan and Kansas fought it out till the end when he signed with Michigan.

If he does he may have to move on again if the NCAA is sniffing around the Jayhawks again.

1 Like

I donā€™t recall Kansas putting up much of a fight

I didnā€™t realize you were a part of his recruitment. So after Kansas offered him a scholarship they advised him to go to Michigan? Just curious.

Iā€™m not part of his recruitment

I thought UNC was out of scholarships after getting the two grad transfers, Keeling and Pierce.

That kept getting repeated on Michigan sites, but I have no clue why it started.

They had 12 scholarship players last year:
Woods
Black
White
Platek
Robinson
Little
Johnson
Brooks
Manley
Williams
Maye
Huffman

Six of those are no longer being used due to three graduations, two NBA departures, and one transfer. That gets them 7 open scholarships for next year, which have been filled by:

Justin Pierce
Christian Keeling
Jeremiah Francis
Anthony Harris
Armando Bacot
Cole Anthony

Leaving one more open spot.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks. Yeah, Iā€™d seen it mentioned here when we were still in the conversation for Pierce, so thatā€™s where I got the idea. I didnā€™t realize they, like UM, only had 12 on scholarship last year.

1 Like

sigh congrats on Jalen Wilson. And Justin Pierce. And Cole Anthony. Are you guys taking new fan applications for this upcoming year?

FWIW Kansas still seems like the leader for him. At least thatā€™s what a UNC 24/7 guy thought.

I saw that if Tucker stays in the draft, Memphis would be a possible front-runner on Hampton. Maybe if thatā€™s the case, instead of Memphis being done with Tucker sticking around, if Tucker leaves itā€™s Hampton to Memphis and Wilson to UNC?

1 Like

Not dead yet