Four-star wing Jalen Wilson reopens recruitment

Inevitable pain is still painful.

5 Likes

Expected as much

Naturally he mentions Florida as one of the schools recruiting him hard now. Can we just throw the bag at Mike White and be done with this search?

1 Like

He has never golfed with one of Michigan’s assistant ADs, so he’s out of the running.

3 Likes

He’ll play 4 years there. Play 1 here and get drafted late second.

4 Likes

Domino #1 has fallen.

Lol I laughed at this

2 Likes

In the midst of all this frustration and sadness, I found the comments on Wilson’s announcement post from Zavier Simpson and Zeb Jackson to be kind of sobering. This must be so much harder for those players and it’s cool to see them support eachother through it.

2 Likes

Not many, if any, are active on Twitter. Many posted on instagram saying congrats.

5 Likes

Ok thanks.

Man this is messed up. I hope that we hire saddi or one our assistants so that we can keep our recruits. My father died and then this? I’m not sure if I can be a um fan especially if they get this hire wrong. This so ticking me off. F Dan Gilbert. Period. We were a top tier program! Not sure if that last now. I’m hoping they keep Sanderson and our assistants around. U til then I. Done with college sports. Beilien ruined everything as did Dan Gilbert. We had a nice roster!

Could have been easily avoided by naming Yakich (Wilson’s primary recruiter) interim coach. But let’s keep chasing Shaka Smart and other mediocre coaches who don’t even want to come here!! Great job Warde, keep cashing those checks.

1 Like

If I committed to play for John Beilein (with Luke Yaklich leading the recruitment), and then in the end I had the option of playing for Luke Yaklich without John Beilein or Bill Self with my best friend, I would probably pick Kansas

10 Likes

Interim coach would be a death sentence to the program. We could have 6 or 7 scholarship openings in 2020 and it would be impossible to recruit as an interim coach.

2 Likes

Not sure I agree, but fine, name Yaklich head coach. Still the best option on the table from my view.

1 Like

Here we go.

What’s Yak’s history other than being “defensive coordinator” on a team that has Simpson, Matthews and Teske? I love Yak and hope whoever is hired keeps him on staff, but if Beilein was still around, I was still anxious to see how Yak would do without players who are considered defensive stoppers. A lot easier to coach when you have the horses.

5 Likes

Also, as Dylan mentioned, he’s proven to be good at recruiting kids to play for John Beilein. Much different then recruiting kids to play for him.

2 Likes

… I think Juwan Howard should be the next coach. Given his lack of head coaching/college experience, keep as many current assistant coaches as possible. We currently have a wonderful basketball culture in the program–we should try to maintain that and keeping the assistants would help.

1 Like