Draft express has McGary projected in 1st round in most recent update

This is the second mock draft that has Mitch listed in the first round, albeit the last pick to the Spurs. Seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding his “draftabilty” and it’s all positive.

He has 6 days.

Seems like I heard that in a movie?

Well this is reason number 6341 why I hate the NBA.

what are the implications (risks) of being the last pick of the 1st round vs. the first pick of the 2nd round?

@JBlair52 Guaranteed contract.

@JBlair52 Guaranteed contract.

So that’s kind of a big risk considering.

I wonder if Dawkins and McGary announce same day.

Who could Mitch be waiting on? The Harrisons, Poythress and Dakari?

Do players sometimes get quiet assurances from teams? I’ve heard people mention the Spurs, saying that would be a great landing place.

I have to assume that Mitch is waiting on his back and nothing else. If he thinks he can perform up to his full capabilities in workouts, then he’ll go.

I have to assume that Mitch is waiting on his back and nothing else. If he thinks he can perform up to his full capabilities in workouts, then he'll go.

Doubt it, not in 5 days. Fringe first (The Harrisons, Poythress and Dakari) coming out, it could push him firmly into the second. Might use all 5 days to fish for a partial guarantee.

Understand the whole guaranteed contract issue, but if Mitch comes out he will be on an NBA roster next year no matter if he’s picked in the 2nd round. If all comes down to whether he wants to start his journey in life now or a year later. Still believe he’ll be taken in round one.

Sounds like the new unlimited snack rule is causing Mitch to think about sticking around. This could come down to a bag of Doritos…

jk jk

I have to assume that Mitch is waiting on his back and nothing else. If he thinks he can perform up to his full capabilities in workouts, then he'll go.

Doubt it, not in 5 days. Fringe first (The Harrisons, Poythress and Dakari) coming out, it could push him firmly into the second. Might use all 5 days to fish for a partial guarantee.

Chad Ford does not have either Mitch or GRIII in the first round. Randle and Austin declared today.

Chad Ford does not have either Mitch or GRIII in the first round. Randle and Austin declared today.

Yup. Damian Ingles, another fringe 1st, just announced, too.

DX has Mitch as the last 1st rounder but is his game suited for individual workouts? Combine testing off a bad back? Keep in mind physical specimens like GR3 and Patric Young will get a boost out of the second. Anymore UK departures and he’d better brace for the second round, where team fit becomes vital. Either it works like Chandler Parsons, you do good like Manny but get injured pre contract negations or you get no rotational minutes and fade out like Darius Morris. The Bucks, 76ers, Cavs and Jazz have the first 4 2nd rounders. Far cry from The Spurs, Pacers or Heat.

I never second-guess players leaving early. But I think Mitch has enough potential as a player to dominate college ball next year and clean up.