Mitch McGary is skipping the draft combine

Per Chad Ford
Michigan’s Mitch McGary also will miss NBA Draft Combine. Back is better, but still not quite ready for drills & athletic testing

That isn’t ideal

Also from Goodman, Stauskas is only expected to do athletic testing.
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/465906865965391872

Sounds like Mitch will be there, but only do interviews.

So…without the suspension he probably would’ve stayed.

So...without the suspension he probably would've stayed.

Impossible to say. Seems like a lot of people assume that, but I don’t think that’s a guarantee at all.

Impossible to say. Seems like a lot of people assume that, but I don’t think that’s a guarantee at all.

Wouldn’t the fact that they appealed the NCAA’s ruling indicate that he was more than likely coming back? Or at the very least, that he was seriously considering coming back and wanted that option open to him while he took the last few days he had to decide?

Obviously the fact that they went through the with the appeal shows that he at least considered it, yes. But I think that there was still a very real chance that he would have declared for the draft. We’ll never know though, so silly to argue about. Hope that he can get healthy enough to work out for teams and slide into the first round.

Its hard not to think that. Grrrr. Damn the NCAA and their arbitrary testing policies and penalties!

Its hard not to think that. Grrrr. Damn the NCAA and their arbitrary testing policies and penalties!

Agreed on the NCAA being a joke and it being tough to not think about having Big Mitch one more year. But that said, we have to move on. As Norman Dale said, “I would hope you would support who we are and not who we are not. This is our team.” Sorry - not trying to lecture, just wanted a reason to quote “Hoosiers”. :slight_smile: