DJ Wilson - New Footage @ MLK Classic

Caris is going nowhere, he has A LOT to work on before he can even contemplate declaring for the NBA, don't think he can bridge that gap in 1 year. I think he stays 4 years.

Not really

Add 10-15 lbs of muscle, which will help with getting into the paint, finishing and providing more lift/consistent base for his perimeter shot, getting around screens.

Get a ton of shots up both on ball and off ball. This will make him capable of making teams pay when they go under the screens. Also allows him to play off the ball with Walton more effectively.

Game will slow down. He’ll learn how to be crafty with his dribble like Nik which will help him on the PnR and identifying the correct response to how the defense plays him.

Need to get him into the Chris Paul or Lebron camp, as well.

Caris is more developed in all phases of the game than Nik at the same age/first year as starter and we see the leap Nik has made this year.

Caris is going nowhere, he has A LOT to work on before he can even contemplate declaring for the NBA, don't think he can bridge that gap in 1 year. I think he stays 4 years.

Not really

Add 10-15 lbs of muscle, which will help with getting into the paint, finishing and providing more lift/consistent base for his perimeter shot, getting around screens.

Get a ton of shots up both on ball and off ball. This will make him capable of making teams pay when they go under the screens. Also allows him to play off the ball with Walton more effectively.

Game will slow down. He’ll learn how to be crafty with his dribble like Nik which will help him on the PnR and identifying the correct response to how the defense plays him.

Need to get him into the Chris Paul or Lebron camp, as well.

Caris is more developed in all phases of the game than Nik at the same age/first year as starter and we see the leap Nik has made this year.

Caris can improve a lot and still not be an NBA first rounder. It’s possible after next season, but I’d bet against it. Nik has a feel for the game, an exceptional shot and diverse skill set. I hope you’re right about Caris because that would be great for the team and Caris in 14/15.

Nik just had an exceptional shot last year at the age of 19. I’d say LeVert is further along as far as being a two way, diverse skill-set player.

If all 3 sophomores leave, he will be the man and JB will make sure he is doing the things he needs to make that jump that every one before him has made.

I was mostly on board with you until the “more developed than Nik at the same stage” statement. In your terms, that is narrative building, that is absolute garbage and you know it.

Nik at the age of 19: 63 TS% 44 3 PT % 125 ORTG 103 DRTG 7.6 AST% 1.2 STL% .8 BLK% 5.9 REB%

Caris at the age of 19: 54 TS% 36 3 PT % 110 ORTG 99 DRTG 16 AST% 2.4 STL% 1.4 BLK% 7.1 REB%

Caris is a better on ball and help side defender, rebounder, and passer, though I admit that Nik wasn’t utilized in way as a freshman to see if he would be effective with PnR, though I don’t think his handle was developed enough at that point.

Nik is obviously a better shooter and more efficient scorer. I’d say he has higher IQ on both sides of the ball but LeVert’s physical tools make him a more well rounded player. The next step is building that one go to skill and making it pro grade, whether it be defending, slashing, PnR play or shooting.

Can you please stop with the age thing, its nonsense and you know it. We get it, you’re a caris fan, but they’ve both in the program for the same duration of time. Nik is simply a better player concerning all things on the offensive side of the ball by a wide margin and he’s a much better post defender than Caris. That’s the story in a nutshell

Can you please stop with the age thing, its nonsense and you know it. We get it, you're a caris fan, but they've both in the program for the same duration of time. Nik is simply a better player concerning all things on the offensive side of the ball by a wide margin and he's a much better post defender than Caris. That's the story in a nutshell

NBA scouts and GMs go by age. A guy who plays varsity as a freshman and a guy who plays his first year of varsity as a senior are not the same.

Nik was a significantly more limited player than Caris last year and that’s the story in a nutshell. Post defender? Ha!

Nik was significantly more limited than Caris last year? I honestly think you’ve gone delusional

Syracuse: Didn’t we beat them in the Final 4 last year?

Pittsburgh: Probably the most overrated team every season going into March. Check Pitt’s tournament history… always a top seed and never any results.

Ohio St.: That Illinois @ Ohio St. game was terrible. I’d vomit if that was the product I had to watch 30+ times a year.

Elite defensive teams sacrifice offense. Elite offensive teams sacrifice defense. Very seldom do you see teams with elite offense and defense.

Nik was significantly more limited than Caris last year? I honestly think you've gone delusional

You describe what parts of his game were more developed at the same age sans shooting?

He wasn’t a better defender. rebounder. never initiated PnR play. couldn’t finish at the rim. useless in transition if he didn’t spot up for 3. didn’t turnover his opponent over. usually camped out on the wing instead of moving off the ball (this was intentional by JB). his handle was high and he often rushed himself into awkward positions in the paint with no place to go.

The revision of Nik being this complete offensive player as a freshman is funny. He always had a jumpshot and he built off that, but Caris has about a million more tools to build off and could specialize in many more things come next year.

You weren’t referencing last year, so don’t attempt to justify your faulty analysis by circumvention. And since you brought it up, We beat Syracuse last year but they weren’t an elite offense last year, but this year they are.

You claim that elite offensive teams sacrifice defense, 2013 Louisville says hello and then laughs at you.

"the numbers are little skewed because it uses Pomeroy’s ratings. There is a slight issue with that only inasmuch as Pomeroy’s ratings continue to accrue throughout the tournament, so a team that makes a strong run in the tournament will see their offensive and defensive efficiency numbers improve (sometimes drastically), which makes the winning percentages higher than what they ordinarily would be. George Mason, for instance, made a Final Four run in 2006 with an offensive efficiency rank of 58 and defense of 13. Truth is, though, is that their numbers were MUCH lower prior to the tournament. Their offensive rank was in the 100s prior to the start.
"

So if your point is that Kenpom is inherently flawed, that applies to Michigan as well, no?

So if your point is that Kenpom is inherently flawed, that applies to Michigan as well, no?

It’s not flawed, just an chicken or egg scenario.

You also didn’t answer my question about Nik-Caris.

There was really no need to respond. You claim Nik never iniated PnR last year which is blatantly false, he not only iniated PnR last year, he was damn good doing it. His ballhandling was better last year as well. No need to address shooting. Really the only thing that Caris does better is on ball defense.

Truthfully though, your whole “lets compare Caris this year vs Nik of last year” argument is nothing short of ridiculous, hence my lack of initial response.

LOL Nik excelled at PnR so much, his A:T ratio was exactly 1:1 with a 7 AST% which totaled to 1 apg. Incredible.

He also rebounds better despite having less rebounds per game. He also has better help defense despite causing less steals and blocks. Silly me for thinking otherwie.

My age based curve is so ridiculous that NBA scouts and GMs use it to grade prospects and potential. I’m sure JB didn’t want to redshirt Caris because he was the incredibly young for his age and grew over 2 inches, nope, it’s because he had no talent!

Are we talking about the same Nik stauskas that was actually more efficient than Trey Burke last year on PnR? Pardon me for being so irrational with my contentions, the man couldn’t possibly be a good PnR player if Trey Burke is the standard! LOL

Are we talking about the same Nik stauskas that was actually more efficient than Trey Burke last year on PnR? Pardon me for being so irrational with my contentions, the man couldn't possibly be a good PnR player if Trey Burke is the standard! LOL

You show me where Nik was better than Trey on the PnR last year. Don’t bother if the sample size is 20 or something.

I’m showing you! Commence salty face on Guestavo

LOL 90 possessions compared to 500 possessions

Glenn was the most efficient at PnR based on that chart. Incredible.

Like I said before, Nik wasn’t running PnR as a freshman and there is nothing that tells me he was better at it than Caris is right now.