DJ Wilson - New Footage @ MLK Classic

All that chart shows is that Nik has an elite jumpshot to make defenders pay if they go under the screen. Not that he was a better passer last year in PnR. This was already established.

So first 20 possessions was the threshold but now 90 isn’t even enough? 90 possessions over 1 year is a large enough sample to determine if someone is efficent at PnR, but 8 is not, and you know that. His PnR numbers weren’t just good, they were great.

You are so obsessed with your Caris “narrative” you basically ignore the obvious. It’s funny to be honest

Let’s wait til the ball screen numbers come out this year, my friend. I suspect that Caris will have a significantly higher amount of possessions, though, which makes a comparison hard at that point. He will grade out fine either way.

Nik doesn’t even need a ball screen, he is that good. Just sayin’

Nik doesn’t even need a ball screen, he is that good. Just sayin’

Caris projects as a better iso player/ penetrator at the next level than Nik.

I think you and I have different approaches concerning the P words. You’re a potential man, whereas I prefer production. Quite frankly I don’t care how either of those 2 are projected in a hypothetical NBA situation, how they produce while at UM is all that matters to me

Nik doesn’t need a ballscreen because he can step back and shoot but he isn’t getting by some one of similar stature without a ball screen.

Exactly, that’s kind of the point of PnR - to force the defense to take away one option while conceding the other. If the defense goes under the screen you make them pay by sticking a jump shot. Once the D decides to either go over the screen or hedge high you dump it off to the roll man or penetrate. If you can’t shoot common sense dictates that your options, and hence your efficiency will decrease on PnR

I will concede that for now Nik has a better skill package for PnR but if Caris can learn to get lift on his jumper instead of that ugly half set shot he has right now, this won’t be close in the end. Another year of S&C is going to do him wonders.

Caris is a much better passer than given credit for, hence the solid PPR (much higher than freshman Nik Stauskas)

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?sort=16&q=eff&league=NCAA&year=2013%2F14&per=pergame&min=10&stage=all&conference=Big+Ten&pos=all&qual=prospects

Admittedly, Caris needs more work on his PnR but that isn’t all there is to him as a facilitator. What makes him unique on our roster is when we swing the ball from one side to the other, with Caris being the recipient, and he uses his first step to immediately get into the paint and kick it out or dish it off to a big. He did it well in the Penn St and Wisconsin games. It’s something no one else on the roster can do because they don’t have the tools outside of GR3 and maybe one day, Irvin.

Is this a UMHoops forum or the Guestavo-MattD forum? I am confused…if you guys are trying to prove who knows more, you are both losing.

Is this a UMHoops forum or the Guestavo-MattD forum? I am confused....if you guys are trying to prove who knows more, you are both losing.

It’s the discuss “Michigan basketball” forum. You’re more than welcome to create your own threads and ignore anything we post.

Pardon us for generating a UM centric dialogue over the merits of who is a more well rounded player between 2 really good options on our roster, which is a good problem to have. You’re right, we’re both losing, totally unacceptable on our part.