College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Cincinnati trailing WV, a team they beat by 36 three days ago, 64-53 with about 10.5 mins to go.

jbh I don’t give a stink about Micah Shrewsberry

1 Like

I read some basketball analysis that he was the cancerous of all cancers!

Admittedly the first hour or two after he committed I was apoplectic. But I came around at around hour 3 or 4

The problem with Love was always the “he can’t transfer into Michigan” part, not the Caleb Love the basketball player part.

He was a prototypical replacement for replacing Kobe and what this team needed at the 2.

Even worse than messing that part up was … not recruiting anyone else to replace him!

5 Likes

West Virginia looks like a team … without a coach. 24% 3-point shooter for UC going 7-of-10 from deep is wild.

Have to imagine Jose Perez was the difference between this and the Final Four

5 Likes

I mean look at the countless schools who also did not have Jose Perez who will miss the tournament!

Oh I know. I just remember there being a lot of talk on here about him potentially being a teamwide cancer at UNC, and didn’t want those problems here. It seems it would have been very nice if he was here!

1 Like

Was Kerr Kriisa not welcome back at Arizona or something? I’m having a hard time figuring why he made this choice.

I think everyone was ready to move on. But also he got a giant bag. And all of these kids got screwed by the Huggins situation. Tough spot for someone like Kerr.

1 Like

Skyy Clark going off to increase his portal stock is genius

I think that entire roster has exploded their portal stock

Way too much talent there to be as horrific as they were, after Illinois basically decided no PG was better than Clark and this year, he’s in beggars can’t be choosers territory

They decided that about Epps right? Clark bailed a couple of weeks into the year.

1 Like

oh I had thought they decided it about both

it didn’t seem like they liked Clark very much

I just don’t really think doing the “I’m pulling my kid out of school because your dared play him off the bench” thing in the first semester of his career qualifies as Illinois deciding anything.

1 Like

Ok, can we agree that whatever happened at Illinois, combined with association with this Louisville club may hamper his NIL bag opportunities

Silly me for not being up on Horizon League Ball. Had no idea Oakland was any good!

1 Like

Kampe and Oakland were my best offer to play college hoops back in 2001. He’s clearly a genius and I’m happy they’re dancing!

4 Likes

OT on CBS Sports Net for Charleston/Stony Brook :eyes: