College Basketball 2021-22 Open Discussion

5 Likes

Kentucky down at 10 is interesting. I expected a ton of hype due to the transfers.

3 Likes

Obviously college football drives re-alignment, but with the expected additions of Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB, and UTSA, the American is just Conference USA with a fancier logo.

Memphis will rule a mid-major conference once again!

1 Like

Is Sahvir Wheeler even the 4th best player on UK? Is he even going to be starting?

4 Likes

Pippen Jr was POTYā€¦ and Vandy was picked second to last.

2 Likes

Are they playing TyTy off the ball?

1 Like

No.

ESPN seems to believe heā€™ll be starting. Why? I donā€™t know.

2 Likes

Looks like Texas got all the transfer hype instead.

2 Likes

Are the rules about the ā€œgather stepā€ different in college? Cuz stuff like Hardenā€™s stepback isnā€™t illegal (if executed properly, executing it is tough though).

Canā€™t really trust what that guy is saying because he said technically the eurostep is illegal which is just wrong

10 Likes

Adam Miller out for the year for LSU. Big loss for LSU, and Iā€™m sure Illinois fans have some very rational comments on the matter

Thatā€™s brutal for him, hate to see that. Thought he was a good fit there.

when did this injury occur?

Just saw this pretty interesting metric. Michigan has the largest fanbase on Kenpom by a pretty big margin https://kenpom.com/popular.php

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the first time weā€™ve been #1. Historically itā€™s been Indiana and Kansas.

2 Likes

That is interesting. On the other hand, I think Michigan may have the largest fanbase for most things. Itā€™s got the 3rd largest alumni group in the nation (only Penn St. and Indiana have more).

Can someone explain why this is the case? I see it very often, but it doesnā€™t make sense when schools like ASU, UCF, OSU, etc. are outputting way more students annually. What is the metric actually measuring? How many people are signed up to the schoolā€™s alumni ā€˜group?ā€™

The source was University Magazine (found online) and its criteria was number of living alumni. Beyond that, Iā€™d be guessing.

EDIT: my source was from 2018, but Michiganā€™s numbers were higher then, than ASUā€™s is now, according to a recent article (2021) on ASUā€™s numbers. But theyā€™re getting closer for sure.

1 Like

We simply never die

4 Likes

I think all Big Ten schools are fairly well represented due to the Big Ten Wonk (John Gasaway) back in the day. Iā€™m sure having MGoBlog (and hopefully this site) also helps.

7 Likes