College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

These stats are generally super misleading IMO. A lot of guys who enter the portal at lower levels that never really had anywhere to go to begin with.

6 Likes

How many of the underclassmen end up back on their original teams? If they no longer have a home, it would be a disappointing outcome for college basketball as a whole and a huge negative for the players.

I know the portal has been good for the subset of players that landed in higher profile and higher NIL payout positions. I hope the good outcomes outweigh the bad.

It would also be interesting to see a scholarship player breakdown too, no? Curious how many walk-ons are in there too.

Sorry, I donā€™t even mean lower levels of D1. I just mean things like walk ons entering the portal, D2 and D3 guys, etc.

2 Likes

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1692278304152113470?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

1 Like

Donā€™t understand going somewhere as a sit out with an interim coach. :thinking:

4 Likes

I donā€™t understand recruiting a sit out as an interim. Very weird all around. Though I suppose he could graduate at year end and transfer again

3 Likes

Message board campaign to bring Huggins back to coach Battle and Noah will start soon enough :joy:

Honestly incredible.

1 Like

I had heard that WVUā€™s boosters went all-in on one big year of NIL. I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case but it seems like they are just spending like crazy either way?

1 Like

Yeah, there was definitely some of that at play. It was supposed to be Huggins last year, load up on a huge NIL class out of the portal, etc.

Now, they are just roaring full steam ahead, I suppose.

Seems like the plan is just get players wherever. Akok Akok because he is Jose Perezā€™s friend, Noah F. just because, Iā€™m not even sure.

When you have the chance to get the third-best guy on the second-worst team in the MAC and said player isnā€™t even eligible this season and may just graduate and leave before you can even coach him in a gameā€¦well, youā€™ve gotta take it.

Did I do it right?

9 Likes

Coaches on Twitter are basically just message board posters at this point :rofl:

6 Likes

Iā€™d take him. Give him a redshirt/developmental year and throw him in at wing

at this point would he be allowed to just not go to his D2 school and enroll at a D1 school without having to sit out?

Not sure if D2 athletes sign NLIs, but I assume so. So heā€™d probably have to get a release.

1 Like
  • Michigan was involved with Dandridge
  • Biggest fish to not get into school again with Love
  • Nkamhoua cutting Michigan then flipping the next day

What an off-season folks :rofl:

2 Likes

West Virginia still looking to add 1-2 more players even though they are full on scholarships. Maybe they can help Juwan out?

2 Likes
4 Likes