College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Obviously i know nothing and im not a coach but i just feel like you can use up one of your scholarships on a wild card. We don’t recruit HS kids at a high level and are struggling to get guys to come here with lack of NIL so dont really see the value of storing scholarships.

1 Like

No, not all. But.

This kind of thing adds zero value.

The idea that Michigan has done nothing is just wrong and we all know that. They’ve been back channeling, they did due diligence on Campbell, they were involved with Perez, etc.

5 Likes

That is fair. I will do better haha. Just been beyond frustrating as a life long fan.

2 Likes

Impressed with the Arizona non conference sched. Duke/MSU/Wisconsin/Purdue/Alabama. Wisconsin game at home and Bama in Phoenix.

1 Like

Yet ENDLESSLY complain every thread

4 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a bold statement because there have been many strange recruitments just this off-season.

4 Likes
1 Like

These stats are generally super misleading IMO. A lot of guys who enter the portal at lower levels that never really had anywhere to go to begin with.

6 Likes

How many of the underclassmen end up back on their original teams? If they no longer have a home, it would be a disappointing outcome for college basketball as a whole and a huge negative for the players.

I know the portal has been good for the subset of players that landed in higher profile and higher NIL payout positions. I hope the good outcomes outweigh the bad.

It would also be interesting to see a scholarship player breakdown too, no? Curious how many walk-ons are in there too.

Sorry, I don’t even mean lower levels of D1. I just mean things like walk ons entering the portal, D2 and D3 guys, etc.

2 Likes

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1692278304152113470?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

1 Like

Don’t understand going somewhere as a sit out with an interim coach. :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t understand recruiting a sit out as an interim. Very weird all around. Though I suppose he could graduate at year end and transfer again

3 Likes

Message board campaign to bring Huggins back to coach Battle and Noah will start soon enough :joy:

Honestly incredible.

1 Like

I had heard that WVU’s boosters went all-in on one big year of NIL. I don’t think that’s the case but it seems like they are just spending like crazy either way?

1 Like

Yeah, there was definitely some of that at play. It was supposed to be Huggins last year, load up on a huge NIL class out of the portal, etc.

Now, they are just roaring full steam ahead, I suppose.

Seems like the plan is just get players wherever. Akok Akok because he is Jose Perez’s friend, Noah F. just because, I’m not even sure.