BTN All-Decade Team

Btn is releasing their all decade team in basketball. First second and third teams. I have to imagine Burke and moe wagner made the list.

1 Like

I would have reservations about Moe. If you think that there are 15 spots available and you take POY from each year to fill 10 of those, does Moe stack up? Maybe but I wouldnt consider it a shoe-in. I would guess that Stauskas gets some high consideration too.

4 Likes

Plus the B1G has had a lot of good Bigs. I would bet Mo is certainly not going to be on it.

4 Likes

Mostly agree, though if tourney results are given significant weighting maybe he sneaks in as third team. Agreed that Stauskas has a better shot.

1 Like

I am curious how many schools are actually represented. Off the cuff: Purdue, Michigan, State, OSU, Wisconsin and Iowa (if including this year) seem to be easy to peg as represented. I am curious if Maryland, IU, Penn St, Illinois are even represented. It doesnt feel like any of Rutgers, NW, Minnesota, Nebraska would even be considered (based on my limited memory).

Also, Ethan Happ feels like the only non POY that will inevitably be on this list

1 Like

No way Moe makes it. Was never even first team all conference

2 Likes

Burke first team. Maybe nik as third team?

I’ll take a shot at it (slightly late, they already announced Craft Ferrell and Johnson as third team). Part of it depends how they count guys like Draymond Green and Evan Turner who were only partially in this decade.

First Team:
Burke
Winston
Valentine
Sullinger
Kaminsky

Second team:
Edwards
Oladipo
Turner
Green
Zeller

Third team:
Craft
Ferrell
Stauskas
Johnson
Hummel

Any obvious ones I missed?

2 Likes

Ethan Happ?

1 Like

Bates Diop and Swanigan are real possibilities

They announced Aaron Craft? You’ve gotta be kidding me

2 Likes

The Apple-Cheeked Gansta!

Happ is a good one. I’d probably add him and remove Hummel. Don’t think he makes second team.

Yeah, a complete joke in my opinion but the media has always loved Craft for some reason. Being surrounded by a ton of talent sure helps

Who gets coach of the decade? Izzo or Beilein?

Chris Collins.

4 Likes

has to be Izzo, most titles, most tourney titles, most final fours

Jordan Murphy announced as third team. Him and Craft seem like MAJOR stretches to me.

1 Like

Mandatory response from at least someone. Thank you for getting it taken care of early in the process.

Who will be player of the decade?

5 different Big Ten players won national player of the year in that span and assume it is one of those right?

• Green
  • Valentine
  • Burke
  • Kaminsky
  • Turner

My guess is Kaminsky - feels like he had the most impact over a 4 year career.