Bryn Forbes to Sparty

So much for Sparty having more room at the Wing spots for Harris :wink:

This is a good thing in relation to Jalen Coleman.

I think it comes down to UM, Illinois and ND for Jalen Coleman.

Really hope Jalen Coleman comes around eventually… He would be such a good fit in the system with his shooting ability

I’ve said from the day 2015 offers were extended 1 year ago, he is #1 on my radar for 2015 recruits. Perfect fit for UM in my opinion.

Agree 100%, Jalen is my top want in 2015 and he would be a star at Michigan.

Agree with everyone above. It may be Coleman or bust for 2015 wings.

One last comment on Forbes, I wonder if he plays a lot or just becomes another one of the “weird guys.”

Ehh Dwayne Bacon and PJ Dozier still have genuine interest. Both will take visits and cut their list in the fall. Esa Ahmad, AJ Turner, Erica Davis, Matt Ryan and sleepers like Rodney Culver… UM will get a wing.

Never been a fan of Bacon from the limited film I’ve seen. Not a great ball handler or athlete. Literally uses a basic hesitation dribble with his right hand on 80% of his possessions off the dribble.

Bacon is a lower the shoulder, power guy like Tyreke Evans. Esa Ahamd, Eric Davis and PJ Dozier would be my top targets if Coleman shuns UM.

Love esa’s game, but I see him as more of a 3/4 than a wing for us. He has a big frame and rebounds well from the film I’ve seen. Eric Davis simply doesn’t do much for me, overrated in my opinion. Not a great handle, average shot, not a good passer, and below average athlete.

This was actually done the Monday before Harris made his decision believe it or not. I am not surprised that they delayed any announcement at all. Maybe Izzo was up front with Eron. I doubt it though.

Eric Davis is a MUCH better passer than say Jalen Coleman and probably a better ballhandler. Ballscreens negate lack of explosiveness to an extent and he is crafty with good footwork. A good 4 year guard.

Quite frankly, Forbes transferred to MSU in late May, just now becoming official.

Eric Davis is a MUCH better passer than say Jalen Coleman and probably a better ballhandler. Ballscreens negate lack of explosiveness to an extent and he is crafty with good footwork. A good 4 year guard.

Eric Davis is not a great passer.

Let's just say that passing isn't Davis' strength. Regarding Coleman, I honestly don't see how anyone could think Davis has a better handle and I think his passing is EXTREMELY underrated. To each his own though

Eric Davis is not a great passer.

Then Jalen Coleman is a non-passer based off of EYBL and ESPNU games I’ve seen. His negative a:t ratio in EYBL backs this up. He also isn’t the best ballhandler.

Davis is at least competent initiating the break consistently and finding the open man and drive + dish.

I’d prefer Coleman because he can shoot off the catch and off the dribble. Maybe he develops into a Juan Dixon type but I prefer Davis as a dribble drive and ballscreen player at the moment. If he wants to come, I don’t think UM says no.

Coleman knows how to play as an efficient – catch and shoot, catch and slash, move without the ball – player. I’m ok with someone like that not being a great passer.

On the other hand, Davis is a guy that needs to dominate the ball to create, but he usually creates for himself.

They are just very different players.

Truthfully I think Coleman is a much better finisher than Davis as well. I prefer him to Davis in literally every aspect of the game

Bacon is a lower the shoulder, power guy like Tyreke Evans. Esa Ahamd, Eric Davis and PJ Dozier would be my top targets if Coleman shuns UM.

Any insight on Dozier’s game? Haven’t seen any film on him.