Eron Harris

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanESPN
West Virginia transfer Eron Harris has finally received his release. Told ESPN that Michigan’s John Beilein has already contacted him today.

Yes please.

Article with shot chart on the front page. http://www.umhoops.com/2014/05/07/eron-harris-receives-release-beilein-contact

Would we take Harris AND Coleman? That would be awesome. It would allow us to still pursue Tyus Battle, Josh Langford and Jamal Murray with a Sr Irvin and a Sr Harris gone in their sophomore year.

Murray is a PG. many think Thorton might gobble that spot up this summer.

I could see Murray in a LeVert role as a secondary ballhandler.

I know he sees himself at the 1 but Syracuse, UM, MSU, Ill seem to view him as a combo.

Would we take Harris AND Coleman? That would be awesome. It would allow us to still pursue Tyus Battle, Josh Langford and Jamal Murray with a Sr Irvin and a Sr Harris gone in their sophomore year.

Have you had a change in heart? I thought when Harris was initially available you said you wouldn’t want him due to some shooting statistic?

Have you had a change in heart? I thought when Harris was initially available you said you wouldn’t want him due to some shooting statistic?

No, I was initially opposed because of subpar defense.

And with a ton of targets off the board, it makes a bit more sense.

He continued, “Eron has always been a very humble kid who wants to work for a coach. We are looking for a coach who will show Eron that if he works hard he will be rewarded. I think Eron fits best with a calmer coach who makes it clear that if he works hard and does what the coach tells him to do, that he will be successful.”

Michigan was the first school to reach out to Harris upon receiving his release. Along with the Wolverines Michigan State, Ohio State, Illinois, Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue, Kentucky, Louisville, UCLA, Butler, and New Mexico are all expected to be in the mix.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1400611.html

Sounds like a match made in heaven

First, I think Harris would be a tremendous fit and very good player for us, so I’m very hopeful we can get him, though the competition is fierce. The “calm coach” comment would seemingly favor us significantly over MSU, Kentucky, Louisville, IU, and OSU. Purdue is a train wreck right now. And UCLA is far, far away from home.

Second, I think we could and would take both Harris and Coleman. It makes a lot of sense.

Third, I agree with Guestavo that a taller “point guard” guy like a Murray could indeed still be recruited as a combo alongside a Thornton, and it would make complete sense within the offense we run. Really, all of Nik, Caris and Derrick served as the lead guard and ran pick-and-rolls this year. Coleman could do it, too.

Third, I agree with Guestavo that a taller "point guard" guy like a Murray could indeed still be recruited as a combo alongside a Thornton, and it would make complete sense within the offense we run. Really, all of Nik, Caris and Derrick served as the lead guard and ran pick-and-rolls this year. Coleman could do it, too.
The problem with this is that top players that are guards and see themselves as point guards probably don't want to play together.

Bird in hand.
Get good players when you can or you might end up settling. We shouldn’t be set tingling with our recent success.

Right, although I think with taller PGs, you could possibly sell them on playing with a Winston or Thornton because both could be on the court at the same time. This past season, even though Walton was the “point guard,” both Nik and Caris frequently were used in the pick-and-roll, and played de facto point guard often.

With Murray, who is going to allow him to play PG in his first or second season? That team hasn’t shown up, yet. He seemed fine as a secondary guy to Mudiay at the NHS. I think that is a matter of reality vs expectation and will become clear once he transfers stateside to finish school.

@Balas_Wolverine
WVU transfer Eron Harris tells http://TheWolverine.com he wants to visit U-M but will talk to his dad first.

is there a way to embed tweets?

Guestavo, glad to see you back and active. Honestly, outside of Dylan, you bring the most “new” information to the board. Sometimes I’m left wondering how/where you get your info or how much time you spend digging it up. Now let’s have some friendly debates on the needs and direction of our beloved basketball program!

Hey guest welcome back…HB beat me to the key board. Always appreciate your input…

On his first day as an available transfer: “Yesterday was pretty hectic. I was getting quite a few calls and had some good talks with coaches. My dad also talked to some coaches. At the end of the day, I’m going to put myself in a good environment and have to make a good decision. I want to be comfortable and be able to play my game. Some coaches, just talking to them, you get a good sense of who they are. (Michigan coach) John Beilein was like that. Talking to him felt like I was talking with one of my buddies. Sometimes you talk to coaches and they do all of the talking, but it wasn’t like that with him. I got a great vibe from him. My dad talked to (Michigan State coach) Tom Izzo and got that vibe from him, too.”

On schools he’d like to visit: "Me personally, if I had to make a decision (on visits) right now, I’d definitely like to visit Michigan and Michigan State.

These quotes from Harris sure are encouraging. Seems to me that Beilein is the type of coach he is looking for, the system is the kind he would flourish in, the scholarship is available and significant role and PT should be there. Hoping he gets on campus soon…

Kyle Bogenschutz
‏@KyleBogie
Just got off the phone w/ West Virginia SG transfer Eron Harris. Top 3: #Michigan, #MichiganState, #Purdue, decision possible in early June

https://twitter.com/kylebogie/status/466608611498528770

Jalen Coleman is also on the clock I would think…regardless of what he says public, as it pertains to UM. Needs to make a decision one way or the other.