2021 preferred walk-on Ian Burns

Walk-on alert:

9 Likes

2020 or 2021? chance to contribute at all?

Looks like heā€™s very close with Ayo Dosunmu

Found some highlights. Looks like a Baird type. Spot up shooter, not very athletic, 6ā€™5ā€

1 Like

Does he have a ā€œbench mobā€ highlight reel where he shows off various celebrations for dunks or threes by his teammates? :slight_smile:

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Is Ian a reclass to 2020? Is he a preferred walk on for 2021? It just seems kind of early for a 2021 announcement for a walk on. Imo

1 Like

Good question. I was thinking he was walking on this fall but I see on his Twitter that he posted his Junior highlights in April.

I guess heā€™s the Class of 2021. Maybe he just really wanted to go to Michigan and knew that he wasnā€™t going to do better than earning PWO status? He may have also seen that thereā€™s a very strong chance that his H.S. wonā€™t have a basketball season and grabbed the opportunity while it was on the table.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with going to a great University on a discount!

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the discount?

1 Like

Most New Trier kids arenā€™t hurting financially.

6 Likes

Even if parents are making $200 thousand per year or more, $70 thousand per year tuition and room & board is not necessarily just chump change.

4 Likes

Heā€™s from Winnetka

Guessing that number is higher than $200k

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure preferred walk-ons are on a partial scholarship. Isnā€™t that the case?

No. Not even partial.

2 Likes

Well, damnā€¦

Pretty sure PWOā€˜S get zero financial aid but can leverage academic support and some of the nutrition/ food options ( non meal plan)

3 Likes

PWOs have a better chance of being admitted. Thatā€™s of real value to some.

7 Likes