2021 NCAA Tournament Open Thread

Given the relative lockdown of the players in hotel rooms it begs the question: if a team gets down in a game by > 10 points in the second half, how many squads are going to mail it in (to some degree) to get out of the bubble? I’ve got to think minds would begin to wander and the ‘hey, we made the tourney and it was nice but I’m looking forward to some freedom after a long season of protocol and lockdown’.

1 Like

In case the headline makes anyone feel too badly for D. Vitale, make sure you read the body of the story. (“I have always been good to LSU!” he complains.) Guy has spent too many years slathering the usual suspects with his own house blend of lickspittle to get an out of jail card now, IMO.

1 Like

Random question, what is the website where you can pick two random college basketball teams and it will tell you who would be favored on a neutral site? Dylan and Brendan were doing this on a pod at some point a few weeks back.

I found it hilarious that Dylan had to let my post out of forum jail because the article link has Mr. Vitale’s very naughty first name in it. :joy:

6 Likes

Not sure it belongs here, but 40 min video of Dylan and Stu Douglass talking about Michigan’s tourney chances (among other things)

15 Likes

There might be some observations to generate about the former-player-as-coach debate from this interesting list of current NCAA tourney coaches and their achievements as basketball players:

Fun facts: Only one did not play high school or college ball–Will Wade. Ten didn’t play college ball. Tom Izzo comes in at number 43. Leonard Hamilton weighs in at 20. Mark Turgeon is ranked high on the list. Juwan Howard is not number 1, and that’s only fair.

Not gonna lie, seeing Dylan’s face talking is freaking me out. He’s a disembodied voice to me.

19 Likes

Ha, sorry if I don’t live up to ya’lls visual expectations. :rofl:

10 Likes

Edit. Wrong thread.

1 Like

I was gonna say the same thing. I feel like the only visual reference I have is the picture on his articles. But other than that I don’t think I’ve ever seen his face, much less in a video :rofl:

2 Likes

I remember it was similarly jarring to hear his voice for the first time

4 Likes

This is the same feeling i had when i found out Tim Allen was buzz lightyear

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2021 NCAA Tourney: Mount St. Mary’s vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

Dylan, you look so young! I figured you were a bit older than me (30). Can I ask your age?

I turn 33 in April – so yeah, I look much younger than I am.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Drake really struggling to score the ball against Wichita. Brick after brick and throwing in some turnovers

Welcome to the party Joseph Yesufu

2 Likes

That was nasty

Fine piece. Worth reading, even after a pile of pieces about Juwan these last few days.