2021 NCAA Tourney: Mount St. Mary's vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

I was just thinking Mike Smith could get his first shot block.

3 Likes

It’s incredible how little this looks like Assembly Hall to me

11 Likes

Especially with all these threes falling!

16 Likes

Mt St Mary’s dictating pace and style. This is how they want to play, not Texas Southern.

2 Likes

If we end up playing LSU then I want Texas Southern to win. If we end up playing St Bonny then I want the Mount to win. That is probably some big over thinking but I feel like each team would help us prepare better for one or the other.

4 Likes

Is anyone watching this game? I think our scout team might beat either of these teams. Which ever of these teams advances they will immediately be the worst team we will have played all year.

5 Likes

Nice thing about the Big Ten is there are teams with different styles. Purdue and Wisconsin slow you down. Illinois and MSU try to speed you up.

4 Likes

Agreed. That experience should serve Michigan better than playing either of these 16 seeds.

1 Like

Chong Qui looks like a budget Mike Smith.

That’s true to an extent but I’m honestly not really sure there are teams that play quite as fast as a team like LSU in the Big Ten. They just play wide open games with no transition defense.

1 Like

Has Michigan played against Weathers before? When he was at Miami Ohio? Name sounds familiar.

He was at Miami (OH) but never played against UM AFAIK. Name got some buzz in the transfer portal the first time when he ended up going to Oklahoma State but got moved on there pretty quickly for some legal issues.

Is that the kid who went from Miami Ohio to Oklahoma State to Texas Southern?

Sounds like open gym.

My favorite commercial is on! Best thing I’ve seen in the last 40 minutes!

Franz should be able to snag or tip so many of those bounce passes.

1 Like

That little PG with a great take to the basket to beat the halftime buzzer! THAT was the best play of the half!

1 Like
1 Like

Those boys aren’t getting paid to play defense let alone transition D

2 Likes

It looks like going to the press was a good move.