2020 - Forward - Carlos Johnson (Offer)

Since it can be difficult to interpret intent on the internet, I feel compelled to emphasize that my question was rhetorical, and meant merely as a bit of good-natured ribbing.

He will catch this 4 months later and start yelling at the clouds and nobody will have a clue what he is talking about.

2 Likes

Scooby is one player I want on Michiganā€™s team. I really do hope that he commits. Heā€™s also a very smart kid.

I already apologized for the misunderstanding. It happens.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a negative sir. Have a nice day.

1 Like

He would be great at Michigan for sure. Scooby is the type of player that wins championships for teams. But if I could only pick ONE player Iā€™d take Cade Cunningham over anyone

2 Likes

At this point he doesnā€™t appear to be a option. Maybe if he visit he would get a offer. My must get for the class is probably ā€œKesslerā€. Cade Cunningham would be a great get however. We will have a deep class if we donā€™t sign a player in 2019. We could have up to five signings in 2020.

Scooby reminds me of PJ Tucker. Undersized but tough. I hope that he is part of our class. Him, zeb, loveday and abul rahim would be great gets. Sorry for the late replies.

I hope the staff isnā€™t neglecting Johnson. Iā€™d love to see him in the 2020 class. Havenā€™t heard much about him lately, though it was long thought to be an open battle between UM and MSU, from what I heard. Is Howard not as interested as Beilein, or just placing priority on higher-ranked players like Coleman and Ware?

1 Like

Not sure what position they see Scooby playing. I assume the 2 or 3 and in that case Jace Howard might be duplicative as I see no way that he wonā€™t be on board with Dad at Mich. They both seem to be glue guys with Scooby more multi faceted and advanced at this point.

Scooby isnā€™t a 2 at all. Nor is Jace. And although there is a possibility Jace could end up in the class, I donā€™t think theyre going to recruit around him.

1 Like

Scooby is a much different caliber of player than Jace Howard.

I agree their games are different but right now I think Howard is looking for more of an elite player at Scoobyā€™s position. I think the team needs some Scoobyā€™s but it just feels like he has MSU written all over him.

Butler and MSU have gotten a lot of the chatter around Scooby. I think Howard offering Williams and Coleman sort of indicates Michigan is going in a different direction than Scooby. All those guys are between 6ā€™5 and 6ā€™6 and are tweeners. Scooby has the best jump shot of the 3 but the other two are more physical and athletic and a little taller.

1 Like

Izzo found his nest 4 year market inefficiency :frowning:

Hopefully we can get 3 years of Ware/Coleman/Williams

I tend to think Scooby is going to be a very good college player. I donā€™t see a lot NBA upside with him due to the lack of great athleticism but he should be a heavy 3 or 4 year producer wherever he goes. Makes lots of winning plays and is a low ego kid who doesnā€™t need cameras or lots of flash and flair. Pretty quiet and reserved. Wherever he goes the colleges fanbase will love him because he battles.

Iā€™m not gonna bash Michigan if they donā€™t land him or pursue him. The guys they are also going for loom like they would be high level college players as well so if they land one of those guys then it will be alright.

4 Likes

No doubt. I like Scooby but not freaking out that the staff is going after other similar players. I just know heā€™s gonna be an incredible 4th year senior at MSU

I see him as a 4-year, smart, team player with versatility and intangibles. I donā€™t want to see this player wearing green and white.

Was nothing happening here with Michigan but a nice get for LaVall.

10 Likes