2020 - Forward - Carlos Johnson (Offer)

IMO there should have been something happening there with Michigan, but oh well. Jordan doesn’t have a great track record as a head coach, but maybe he can turn it around. The talent level of his players is not lacking to be successful in the Big East…

1 Like

He’s probably a good fit at Butler. Makes sense for a prospect of his caliber to go to a school where he’ll probably be featured a bit more than he would at a place like Michigan.

5 Likes

True. I think he’ll be a great fit there. I would prefer to see UM recruit at least one four-year player like him each year in addition to the likely one-and-done types (or at least the ones who expect themselves to be NBA bound after a single year, since obviously not all of them will).

I’ve always liked Butler, so I hope Jordan can right the ship. He has some good players to build around.

1 Like

Right the ship? How many big east teams went to the tournament in both of the last two years?

1. Villanova and Seton Hall.

Butler was in the recently in the Horizon league. The fact that they are in the mix in the big east is a huge achievement

FWIW, I heard it came down to Butler vs. Western Michigan for Scooby. Seems like there just wasn’t a ton of serious high major interest for whatever reason

2 Likes

I’m going to have to strenuously disagree with you. They’ve been in the Big East for six years and took a big step backward last year, especially considering the talent they had on hand.

Not sure about the “talent.” Jordan lost Butler’s top recruit, Kyle Young, who went to OSU in the coaching change. He had no PG so had to convert Baldwin who became one of the better guards in the league. Jordan also had some recruiting misses that caught up to them last year imo.
He may fail at Butler but I’m not convinced the group he had last year was so obviously talented.

You are overestimating their talent last year

I was looking through the Detroit News (or Freep) all-state teams and couldn’t even find Scooby/Carlos in the honorable mentions. I was looking on my phone, so maybe I missed something. Did he get hurt?

Check division 2

1 Like

Scooby won Mr. Basketball.

3 Likes

Wow. I guess I totally whiffed!

1 Like

Major yikes

2 Likes

No longer on Butler roster and if true, should be the case. I hope for the best for the victim.

1 Like

Like zoinks, scoob.

1 Like

Story

5 Likes

So much for my high character messages. Yikes

2 Likes

This year is probably pretty big for LaVall. Has only made 1 tournament, probably would have made it in 19-20 but to date 80-79, 34-40 in the Big East.