2020 - Forward - Carlos Johnson (Offer)

Scooby is great name. Lets pick him up!

I would be very happy if we get scooby. To be fair- he doesnā€™t have to impress you. His play and stats back him up. Sometimes you have to see kids live in order to judge them. Scooby can play and is smart too boot.

I have been to Holland and saugentuckā€¦ Whatā€™s not so safe about the drives there? I have cottage in Douglass/ saugentuck and love them areasā€¦ Safe areas. Maybe Iā€™m mss reading your post- if so I apologize in advance.

False. Iggy, Brandon Johnā€™s nik, ectā€¦ Heā€™s a ā€œ20ā€ recruit. Let the kid take his time and pick the right school. People said the same things about the players that I mentioned and there are others. Iā€™m confident that in our recruiting. Letā€™s not say where he will or wouldnt go with indication from the recruit.

Fam, who are you talking to?

2 Likes

The post youā€™re responding to is from six weeks ago when there was inclement weather on the west side of the state. Nothing to do with the relative ā€œsafenessā€ of those areas.

2 Likes

When Baby Boomers navigate the internetā€¦

2 Likes

Perhaps you now realize my post was from March 5 and was in response to a post from Buckets who asked if anyone was going to the Otsego vs Benton Harbor game to see Scooby. The weather over that way was quite treacherous and I was referring to that. As I said in a comment subsequent to that one, it couldnā€™t have been a fun drive over to Wayland where the game was played.

As to the safety of driving to Saugatuck/Douglass and Holland, there is nothing unsafe about driving there other than just the craziness of driving anywhere these days, especially with the kinds of drivers who are on the roads. It also had to do with the treacherous winter weather there on March 5.

After Glen Arbor and Traverse City, the Saugatuck/Douglas area is one of my favorite spots in the world. My wife and I drive over there about a dozen times a year from GR. We hike through Saugatuck Dunes State Park to he beach. Then we walk along the beach, up the dune and head back along he Beach Trail to the parking lot. We then stroll through Saugatuck, watch the boats along the Kalamazoo River, eat at Phils or one of the other fine restaurants/bars in Saugatuck. Weā€™ve discovered, in the past year, The Farmhouse Deli in Douglas which we really enjoy. We LOVE Saugatuck.

So, as I said, perhaps you went back and read the post to which I was referring and now know, my comment strictly had to do with treacherous roads on which to drive to the game on a blustery winter evening! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Baby Boomers navigating the internet? What?!? :angry: OK, OK, I guess youā€™re right! :wink: Iā€™m probably the oldest Baby Boomer on here! Hereā€™s how out of touch I am with the modern world. I rode in my nephewā€™s Tesla yesterday, and I FREAKED OUT! :rofl:

Are you kidding me! Driving a car without touching the steering wheel? Driving without touching the accelerator pedal or the brake pedal? A car that senses EVERYTHING that is happening around it and in front of it? That changes lanes itself? That, VERY soon, will drive itself over to the door of, say, the restaurant and pick you up at the door? All of this because of the incredible technology that exists within that car?!? Technology that is continually being upgraded and improved! UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Yeah, we Baby Boomers arenā€™t used to that! :smile:

3 Likes

Ohhh I was just giving him/her crap. I have much respect for that generation. That poster could be younger than me for all I know! I just got a kick out of someone coming through and randomly yelling at the clouds on a 2 month old conversation.

5 Likes

I agree, that post was really old if itā€™s what I think your talking about and I recanted it quickly. Iā€™d love to have him , heā€™s a nice player

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s just meā€¦ I have no problem with the roads and the area is safe.

I have a cottage in Douglass/.Saugatuck I love it there.

I donā€™t know where this is coming from Passionate. The post you seem to be referencing is fromā€¦like two months ago. There had been a snowstorm and the roads on the west side of the state were rather treacherous. Folks were talking about going over to watch Scooby play, and I mentioned that the drive over there could be a difficult one. I was concerned and wanted folks to be safe! Thatā€™s all it was.

Frankly, Iā€™ve already answered this. whole Saugatuck thing. Actually, I see that you have referenced that comment as well. Is there an argument here? I mean, I love Saugatuck/Douglas, too!

My wife and I were there just last weekend. We hiked the Dunes through the state park, walked on the beach, bought a lovely painting at James Brandessā€™ Studio. We had a wonderful lunch at Philā€™s. We sat by the river, but we didnā€™t see any boats as none were out yet. It was just an outstanding day in one of our favorite placesā€¦in the world.

When I clicked on your comment I thought it was going to be something about Scooby since this IS the Carlos Johnson thread, but NO, itā€™s this OLD comment resurfacing again. I apologize to those who, in search of new information about Scooby, clicked on my comment only to find that, once again, there is a comment about Saugatuck/Douglas.

Seriously, I could probably write copy for the Saugatuck/Douglas Chamber of Commerce extolling the virtues of this incredibly beautiful, wonderful, breathtaking, somewhat quaint, and very safe little hamlet in Godā€™s Country!

Oh, and Iā€™m really jealous that you are fortunate enough to have a cottage over there. Merry and I have to drive the 40-45 minutes over from GR, but fortunately the roads are VERY safe, though there ARE a lot of potholes! This IS Michigan after all! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Apologies sir. You mention Saugatuck and Douglass and I just so happen to have property there. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Really, no apologies necessary. See my private message. I was just having some fun, while waiting to see who will fill our open roster spots. Frankly, thatā€™s all Iā€™m worried about these days. Are we going to get Franz? Pierce? Hyland? Someone else? Could it possibly be that Iggy comes back? Really thatā€™s why Iā€™m on here for HOURS everyday! :smile:

EDIT: Never mind, silver already responded. Needless to say, no one is crapping on the Saugatuck/Douglas area!

Will an apology for misspelling Saugatuck four times in this thread be forthcoming?