2019 - G - Cole Bajema (Commit)

Quick little note on Bajema’s AAU team. Friends of Hoop use to be a Nike team based out of Seattle. One year they had Martell Webster and Spencer Hawes. I’m pretty sure Marvin Williams (formerly of UNC) is an alum of the program as well.

1 Like

I’d like to see Michigan offer Bajema, but he needs to visit first or it’s irrelevant how much he likes Michigan and vice versa. Wonder if it’ll happen.

He’s already visited. That’s not to say an offer couldn’t come on a potential official visit (or earlier) but he has already been in Ann Arbor.

1 Like

Nice. I missed that. Hopefully an offer comes soon.

The thing about Bajema is that an offer likely ends things. If he’s your top remaining guy, then it’s an easy decision. If he’s not, then you need to offer the guys above him first if you want to give them a chance.

1 Like

Not a subscriber so not sure who but could it be Cole? Anyone a subscriber who can confirm?

If you were a subscriber here over the last couple weeks, you’d have been in the loop for a couple weeks now. Maybe I need to be more aggressive in headline obfuscation.

https://forum.umhoops.com/t/some-thoughts-on-cole-bajema/3908?u=umhoops

2 Likes
2 Likes

Actually your posts about him being all in if offered was why I thought it might be referencing him.

Wow Virginia? Kid’s really blowing up!

1 Like

Unlocked our original story on his Michigan interest. If you want to join, use code SUBSCRIBED to get first year for $35.

2 Likes

Wow Virginia is a huge offer. He has me sold now. Although I doubt it will be an easy recruitment now.

1 Like

Joe Harris played for the same AAU program, so there’s obviously a connection there to his AAU coach.

2 Likes

If tony Bennett and John beilein want you, you are likely very good. One thing that’s weird to me though is that Gonzaga isn’t involved. They do a better job than anybody out West at finding under the radar west coast guys. Maybe they are full at the wing spot.

5 Likes

John Beilein being interested should have sold you.

3 Likes

If not that then at least the video breakdown? :laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

That too! The kid can play. Coaches who can’t land the obvious pros should all just follow John Beilein around the circuit. He unearths some gems.

3 Likes

Bit of luck here in the sense that Bajema sent his film to Michigan and got the invite to camp. Without that connection, might never come up. And to be honest, if Michigan hadn’t been watching him over the last few weeks would he have gotten as many eye balls this week in Vegas? Recruiting can be crazy like that.

5 Likes

As I’ve said earlier, give Bajema all the credit in taking initiative in submitting film and marketing himself.

1 Like

He’s from a Dutch Reformed enclave in rural Washington. Probably a stretch, but he might not be amenable to Catholic schools.
About time we offered a Frisian, btw.