2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Commit)

Yeah, that’s a very odd comparison. His game seems far more like Wagner’s to me.

That’s 4 centers unless Currie doesn’t reclassify or if he goes to Prep School which you would have to think is still at least a possibility.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Dylan would it be fair to say that he has significant spot-up 3 point shooting/drive off closeout upside (closer to DJ’s role in the Beilein offense than Mo’s) or is that over-hyping?

Hit on this in the write up… He shows some of that in high school, but I tend to think that EYBL film is more telling. I see him as a really coordinated roll man who can develop a pick and pop shot, but it isn’t like he’s Moritz Wagner with the ball.

1 Like
1 Like

If he doesn’t come it would be a huge disappointment. If he went to Illinois it would make the Currie decommitment very unfortunate

I went back and read his comments after his Illinois trip, which was a month ago. He was positive but not really excited. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t pick Michigan.

1 Like

That article said that Castleton has no timetable… i thought that he was supposed to announce this week or next. Am i remembering wrong?

Same guy on Twitter doing the Nunez announcement had said that he’s doing Castleton this week.

2 Likes

I’m probably missing something, but why do these players let this guy announce their commitments?

1 Like

Some more Castleton highlights.

2 Likes

His shooting stroke is sweeter than I had remembered… excited for him to go Blue this week!

Pretty awesome run down of his visit:

3 Likes

Way to go Yaklich

2 Likes

Cool read. He sounds like such a good fit for how we play and what we need going forward. Would be a great surprise pickup if we can pull it off.

1 Like

Yep, Colin told me he was still on to announce this week sometime ‘soon.’ Sounds like that means Weds or Thurs.

Illinois missed out on George Conduit (their backup option to Castleton). They have to do some type of decision regarding that staff, no? ILL fans are going nuts. Very well could lose Horton-Tucker to ISU too.

1 Like