2016 - Forward Recruiting (Seth Towns, etc.)

Dylan - how is UA looking in terms of scholarship availability? It seems like they've had a flurry of commits (Trier being the most recent) in the past few months, and now they appear to be going hard after Rabb.

Also, would Jeter to Duke make it less likely that Leaf would go to Durham?

Hard to say with Arizona. They’re likely to have enough scholarships with early NBA defections. Looks like they got 12 players on scholarship for 2014-15, losing 2 seniors and probably 2 of these 4 guys: Ashley, Tarczewski, Hollis-Jefferson, Stanley Johnson. So they could land a 5-man 2015 class. If they get Rabb, he could be a one-and-done too. They’ll probably have about 3-4 scholarships for 2016, and would probably take Leaf if he wanted to go there.

I’d also bet that Duke is saying Jeter is a 4/5 and Leaf is a 3/4 - very compatible.

You basically confirmed my fear…thanks

I’m just guessing.

Landing an elite recruit because his other suitors run out of scholarships? This is the last thing that I hope for.

No mention of UM from Moyer and/or his father.

2016 El Cajon (Calif.) Foothills Christian PF T.J. Leaf will visit Florida on October 10 and Duke October 25

— WildcatAuthority.com (@AZAuthority) August 7, 2014

Also, OSU fans thinks Moyer and Towns are a UM lock if both are offered.

Matthew Moyer informed Scout that he has committed to Syracuse.

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) August 8, 2014

Perfect fit

Good landing place for him. Though that was certainly a quick turnaround. I wonder if this may impact Towns’ timeline now that his teammate is committed.

Dylan - does having Teske in the mix pretty much take Tyler Cook off the board. I know you said you think we’re looking at 4 scholarships in 16…presumably one of those will most certainly go to a PG, another to a wing (unless Dozier commits), which would leave 1 more to a combo forward or another wing…I’m thinking Towns?

I’d guess you could take

1 PG (Thornton, Winston, Goodin, other)
1 Wing Guard (Battle, Langford, Dozier might push a top tier '16 prospect here away)
1 Wing Forward (Towns, Leaf, Cook)

Really hard to say though.

Don’t buy Dozier pushing a 2016 wing away.

Irvin won’t be here and Chatman, Dawkins,MAAR would be juniors so a 2016 guy is essentially waiting a year at most.

Dylan - does having Teske in the mix pretty much take Tyler Cook off the board. I know you said you think we're looking at 4 scholarships in 16...........presumably one of those will most certainly go to a PG, another to a wing (unless Dozier commits), which would leave 1 more to a combo forward or another wing...........I'm thinking Towns?

I don’t think you truly cross anyone off the list in 2016 right now. Still a very long time until most of these kids are deciding. I would be surprised if Michigan offered Cook right now though.

Visiting Michigan today!

— Tyler Cook (@KingCook_25) August 10, 2014

Dylan says he doesn’t anticipate Cook being offered today, 247 says the opposite. I guess we’ll find out soon enough

http://michigan.247sports.com/Board/59424/Contents/Michigan-Hosting-Top100-Forward-Sunday-30073296

Dylan says he doesn't anticipate Cook being offered today, 247 says the opposite. I guess we'll find out soon enough

http://michigan.247sports.com/Board/59424/Contents/Michigan-Hosting-Top100-Forward-Sunday-30073296

Scout has quotes up from him that he wasn’t offered. Beilein wants to see him play in person.

Cook seems like a guy that caught their eye this summer and they want to start building the relationship. Not an offer now type. Will try to catch up with him after the visit.

Me and the boys on Tyler's Visit pic.twitter.com/TTvXD757oX

— Trent-Money™ (@LastTweetKing) August 10, 2014
Cook seems like a guy that caught their eye this summer and they want to start building the relationship. Not an offer now type. Will try to catch up with him after the visit.

Seems like plan B type, with Leaf being option 1 and Towns option 2.

My top 10. Thankful for all the teams who have recruited me. pic.twitter.com/DUJ5YB7GGw

— TJ Leaf (@Tyleaf_22) August 11, 2014

I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Leaf at UM. I see Michigan, Arizona, and Duke fighting for his services. If distance is a factor ends up at Arizona. Think he really likes the way Michigan plays, which also seems to be how Duke plays now too.

UCLA and Indiana are maybe the favorites and definitely fighting for his service. Florida is getting some buzz, too.

Glad MSU and UL didn’t make the cut.