2020 Recruiting Notes

Michigan seems to be giving him some attention early also based on his timeline he might be a Michigan fan and has some hops

1 Like

Man does this State have some young talent coming up.

1 Like

Jalen Terry

1 Like

Jalen Terry is a kid I really hope Beilein gets a chance to coach

That’s my neck of the woods! Norcross is a perennial power. I will definitely be at a few games.

1 Like

The unofficial UMhoops scouting network is one of the best parts of this site! Love it when posters are able to see recruits in person and give some input

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Hopefully the boys put on a good show against sparty this weekend

Michigan has a great opportunity of swinging for the fences in 2020 and 2019 with the way the 2018 class closed out.

3 Likes

Posted in 2019 as well

Jalen Terry should be Michigan’s top 2020 priority if adding a point guard is at all on the cards for this class. He told me in July at the Grand Rapids “Best of the Midwest” tournament in the 2nd live evaluation period in July that he really hopes Michigan offers him. He has talked pretty highly about Michigan and wants an offer from them. He also would love to get an MSU offer as well. MSU will likely offer Terry before June of next year, so that could be an important thing to note. Right now Terry has offers from Iowa, Tulsa, Cleveland State and Detroit, but it won’t take long for that list to increase.

Also in 2020 as of right now, Michigan should be all over 6’7 Old Redford Academy Forward Isaiah Jackson and 6’6 SF Carlos Johnson from Benton Harbor. Jackson is one of the premier defensive players in the country and is an elite rim protector with great athleticism and mobility. He can defend on the perimeter pretty well and inside. Offensively he can knock down threes and has a solid face up post game. Jackson’s offer list is as good as most 2018 seniors, with offers from Mississippi State, USC, Marquette and Tulsa to name a few. Carlos Johnson is one of the more intriguing prospects to watch. A year ago I was impressed with him, but was not sure if he would be a high major caliber talent player. A few weeks ago I watched at the prep hoops camp in Grand Rapids and he left the impression he will become a very good HM level prospect. Have heard some compare him to Ladontae Henton, a former Lansing Eastern legend and a star player for Providence in the Big East. I also have heard comparisons to 2019 Romeo Weems and like that one personally. Real good athlete and the best motor I have seen from the 2020 class so far. His handles have improved a lot since last year as well, and now I think he definitely can eventually play as a good sized 3 in college. His jump shot has improved quite a bit as well since last year. Las year it was very flat and inconsistent. He hit threes off the catch or dribble at the Prep Hoops Top 250. One scout there said he was dominating inside for awhile, and just when he began thinking he was an undersized post, he stepped out and hit around 10 threes over the course of the last 3 or so games. If he can continue to develop his shot and handles, he will be a player worth going for in 2020. Has a motor and blue collar toughness to his game I would love to see more of at Michigan going forward. Also, he is around a 4.0 GPA as well I have heard. Creighton, MSU and Michigan are three of the bigger schools pursuing him as of now.

9 Likes

For those of you who don’t know much about Jalen Terry, Isaiah Jackson and Carlos Johnson, below are some clips on them from AAU this year. Johnson has improved quite a bit since the film on him was posted in April as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Adam miller, who now plays for Morgan Park in Chicago and is a top 15 recruit, says he is working on a visit to Michigan. Would be huge to start recruiting this kid hard. From people I know, he is very interested in Michigan.

Where does Steve Pearson fit into this mix? I’d really like to get him.

Yeah, I’m not feeling a Morgan Park kid who plays for the Irvins, especially after the whole Ayo Dosemnu/Talen Horton-Tucker thing. He may be very interested in Michigan now, but…