2016 - Forward Recruiting (Seth Towns, etc.)

4-star 2016 T.J. Leaf might have received a Duke offer, but he's already scheduling his Michigan official $): https://t.co/vQH1ZoaEsF

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) July 31, 2014

Ohio State officially offered Matthew Moyer today

— Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) August 1, 2014

Moyer is a nice athlete, but these coaches must see something that I don’t. Definitely improving with every film I see though.

Hmm, wonder if that helps us at all with Towns.

might speak to OSU’s preference of Moyer over Ahmad as opposed to Towns. OSU not really giving Towns a hard look at this point from everything I’ve read

Yep, just further proof of that if Towns is / has been holding out hope.

I’d love for Moyer to jump on that OSU offer if it meant getting Ahmad. High floor/low ceiling type of player that will come in and contribute immediately and for 4 years, on both sides of the court.

might speak to OSU's preference of Moyer over Ahmad as opposed to Towns. OSU not really giving Towns a hard look at this point from everything I've read

Over Funderburk… they will take Ahmad.

2016 PF Tyler Cook (@KingCook_25) will unofficially visit #Michigan on August 9.

— Ben Weixlmann (@BWeixScout) August 2, 2014

2016 Forward Hopes To Visit Duke For Midnight Madness

6’9" T.J. Leaf, 247Sports’ top-ranked rising junior in California, said that he will likely visit Duke for their version of Midnight Madness, Countdown to Craziness, on October 25th. Leaf was offered by the Blue Devils on July 26. Leaf was also recently named a finalist at the USA Basketball U-17 tryouts in Colorado Springs.

Leaf would like to decide on his college program by February or March of 2015.

After attending a Duke game in person, I have to say the atmosphere at Cameron is a very persuasive recruiting tool. Thrown in the great academics and winning tradition, I can see the appeal to any recruit.

Have a feeling we will be offering Moyer soon…

Tough to beat Duke in recruiting but UM is getting closer.

TJ Leaf visited Arizona today

Really enjoyed my visit to University of Arizona. #beardown

— TJ Leaf (@Tyleaf_22) August 7, 2014

Dylan - how is UA looking in terms of scholarship availability? It seems like they’ve had a flurry of commits (Trier being the most recent) in the past few months, and now they appear to be going hard after Rabb.

Also, would Jeter to Duke make it less likely that Leaf would go to Durham?

At this rate, I’m expecting Moyer to get a UK offer any day now

Matthew Moyer, Class of 2016 F (OH), announces that he picked up an offer from Syracuse today while at their elite camp.

— Pat Lawless (@GiveNGobball) August 6, 2014

I like Moyer in a more traditional offence, but not sure I like him as a stretch 4 in this offense. Seems like a Cuse type player, kind of like your Jerami Grant in the athletic tweener mold who works great within Cuse’s style of play and the zone defense.

Moyer to cut list to roughly 5 this weekend per Syracuse source, which no doubt means Syracuse will be in it.

Annette Moyer said earlier today that Matthew Moyer would cut his list to around five this weekend, was confident #Syracuse would make list.

— chris carlson (@ccarlsononSU) August 6, 2014

Just got off the phone with Matthew Moyer's father. #Syracuse and Florida have a good chance at beating out Ohio State.

— chris carlson (@ccarlsononSU) August 7, 2014
Dylan - how is UA looking in terms of scholarship availability? It seems like they've had a flurry of commits (Trier being the most recent) in the past few months, and now they appear to be going hard after Rabb.

Hard to say with Arizona. They’re likely to have enough scholarships with early NBA defections. Looks like they got 12 players on scholarship for 2014-15, losing 2 seniors and probably 2 of these 4 guys: Ashley, Tarczewski, Hollis-Jefferson, Stanley Johnson. So they could land a 5-man 2015 class. If they get Rabb, he could be a one-and-done too. They’ll probably have about 3-4 scholarships for 2016, and would probably take Leaf if he wanted to go there.

I’d also bet that Duke is saying Jeter is a 4/5 and Leaf is a 3/4 - very compatible.

Dylan - how is UA looking in terms of scholarship availability? It seems like they've had a flurry of commits (Trier being the most recent) in the past few months, and now they appear to be going hard after Rabb.

Hard to say with Arizona. They’re likely to have enough scholarships with early NBA defections. Looks like they got 12 players on scholarship for 2014-15, losing 2 seniors and probably 2 of these 4 guys: Ashley, Tarczewski, Hollis-Jefferson, Stanley Johnson. So they could land a 5-man 2015 class. If they get Rabb, he could be a one-and-done too. They’ll probably have about 3-4 scholarships for 2016, and would probably take Leaf if he wanted to go there.

I’d also bet that Duke is saying Jeter is a 4/5 and Leaf is a 3/4 - very compatible.

You basically confirmed my fear…thanks