2016 - Forward Recruiting (Seth Towns, etc.)

Towns is one more example of Beilein rcognizing talent and upside ahead of other high D1 coaches. Thought we’d get an early commitment from him. Maybe this fall.

UCLA after Towns now as well

'16 Columbus Northland/VCC Warriors forward Seth Towns tells me Iowa, Michigan and UCLA have been recruiting him hardest of late.

— Corey Albertson (@Corey_Albertson) July 19, 2014

UCLA assistant David Grace here to check out Seth Towns, who told @Corey_Albertson the Bruins have been 1 of 3 teams recruiting him hardest

— Zach Fleer (@ZachFleerLGHL) July 20, 2014

Final: Nova Village 62, VCC 60. Seth Towns: 25pts, 6reb, 3blk Tarik Wright: 16pts, 5reb, 2ast Jason Carter: 9pts, 6reb Erron James: 12pts

— Zach Fleer (@ZachFleerLGHL) July 20, 2014

I continue to say it, Towns is the most underrated prospect in the country. Only a matter of time before a plethora of high major offers come.

Although Moyer’s size is a concern for me, have to agree with Dylan, he does play bigger than his height. The kid is definitely looking to go up with authority around the rim.

1 Like
Towns is one more example of Beilein rcognizing talent and upside ahead of other high D1 coaches. Thought we'd get an early commitment from him. Maybe this fall.

Dead on. Towns is the prototypical JB riser. I just hope we can land some sure fire studs to go along with him.

This is something I LOVE to read:

The fact that Matthew Moyer can defend every position on the court speaks volumes - so do his drop step dunks #5Starstatus

— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) July 24, 2014

I just spoke with TJ on Saturday and he had great things to say about UM. I think Duke will obviously be a factor and UCLA is very involved with local connections. Either way, I think Michigan has a puncher’s chance in that recruitment.

As for Thornton, I haven’t even heard them mentioned. Obviously they could start to get involved, but I tend to agree that it’s silly to worry about that right now.

Moyer interview with Courtside Films

Just an excerpt of the VCC episode 2 I posted a few days back

Just an excerpt of the VCC episode 2 I posted a few days back

Oops! Missed that one sorry.

FYI, Zach Fleer is like THE GUY for Ohio HS basketball and he just crystalballed Moyer and Towns to UM even after retweeting Moyer’s upcoming visit to Syracuse.

Find it EXTREMELY unlikely that UM would take both considering they would both play the 4. Unless Moyer grows 2-3 inches I can’t see it happening.

2 years is a lot of time and JB has betted on guys developing before.

If you take Towns and Leaf or Ahmad then Moyer and Towns falls within the same logic.

If only we could combine Towns’ skill with Moyer’s athleticism…

Moyer just need a jumpshot but that form may be unfixable.

Moyer’s shot is horrible from a mechanics standpoint, and a REALLY slow release on top of that. I’m much higher on Towns at this point, but Moyer does seem to be developing rapidly.

'16 Gahanna Lincoln forward Matt Moyer has received an offer from Tennessee

— Zach Fleer (@ZachFleerLGHL) July 29, 2014

Moyer with an offer from ILL - this kid literally adds a new offer every day

Latest offer for Matthew Moyer @ballout4ever is from Illinois

— Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) July 30, 2014