Recruiting Notes

I believe you, and look forward to your report on that game.

No, I just meant Carmodyā€™s shooting and athleticism make him (in my mind) much better than his current ranking, just like Nik was vastly underrated. I didnā€™t mean to suggest their games were all that similar. If youā€™re comparing him to Rex Chapman, a five star recruit back in his day, it sounds like you agree. I like both guys (Carmody and Ryan) a lot. I wonder if we would take both? Hopefully we would.

Sly, if you look up Stewart in the rivals database Michigan is on his list. Not sure how updated it is but must have been some contact.

Watching Romeo Weems right now. Passing the ball extremely well

1 Like

Whatā€™s his outside shot like? What position will he likely play in college - 3 or 4?

Depends if he grows. Heā€™s a legit 6ā€™6 on my view despite measurements. Right now his shot is usually dead on but a bit flat at times. Releases the ball on the way down a bit. Iā€™d say heā€™s an average shooter right now. The thing I love about Romeo is that he plays 100% every single play. You can almost guarantee heā€™s going to get a double double every night.

Game pretty much over right now. Weems with 17pts, 17rebs, 4asst, 5blk

Really wow. I have not heard this, but I havenā€™t heard much about him since he got hurt. Heā€™d be the best big we landed since Mitch.

Give us jeenathan as our 18 wing and Stewart as our 19 big and Iā€™d be one happy camper. Is cj Lee somehow affiliated with the program still or didnā€™t he move on as an assistant elsewhere?

Only thing is early on Stewart loves g town. His familyā€™s Jamaican I believe and he loves Ewing because of that believe. Whereā€™s 33 and everything. Hopefully he gross out of that as Thompson III is just not an impressive coach to me.

Anyone ever see 6ā€™6" Emoni Bates ('22) from Ypsilanti? Highlights

Yes, if his skill continues to develop, or he grows, he will be nearly unstoppable.

Seems like calipari just looks at the top 50 list and decides thatā€™s his type of guy.

Davis was a pg in his early days and had great skills iirc. I donā€™t think bamba has those ball skills.

i said athleticisim not skills

I read it as a Davis comp. my bad.

I see it Colby we are indeed on Isaiahā€™s latest list on rivals I hope to god we can stay on him or it turns out to be a serious recruitment. Because of coaches links to Rochester and the type of catholic school he goes to I could see us doing well with him. Mcquaid has always had really skilled kids and great coaches who care about the fundamentals.they will know that coach b is a good coach for him to develop. Iā€™d love to hear him mention us in an interview. As soon as he is healthy Iā€™ll go down with my family who are all mcquaid alums and watch him again. Maybe see if I can ask him how serous the interest is.

Rivals updated rankings for 2019

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Notables:

Romeo Weems #24

Jordan Mitchell #38

I know that you qualitatively spoke about both of those players earlier in the week and Michiganā€™s potential. Would you guess both still go to OSU? Or what discernible chance does Michigan have with either of them?

I am especially interested in Mitchell. I know you just did a piece on him for your site

Despite conventional wisdom on Mitchell, he is no lock to OSU. Michigan is very much in the picture with Jordan. Still early on, but Michigan has been involved since July 2016 (I actually facilitated the interest, so nobody can say I havenā€™t done my job lol).

Weems very much likes OSU at this point, and it wouldnā€™t shock me to see him commit if they offer. Of course, its still early for him as well.

Thanks Matt. Would you still say that OSU leads for Mitchell?

No, I wouldnā€™t say OSU leads at this point. He visited Michigan for the PSU football game as well.

When I facilitated the interest to Darius Bazley which also included interest in Jordan Mitchell, Bazley refused to provide contact information to Mitchellā€¦and ended up committing to OSU shortly thereafter. Mitchell followed up with me personally to get the contact information, and Michigan has been building a relationship with Jordan since that point.