Recruiting Notes

Any idea what his actual weight is? He’s listed at 180 lbs. right now on 247, 195 on ESPN, 210 on Scout, and 180 on Rivals.

Much bigger than 180. I’d say he’s probably in the 200-210 range

Is there any interest from UofM? Or do they greatly prefer Johns?

No interest from UM. The PF board in 18 reads Hunter and Johns in that order

1 Like

I asked a similar question awhile ago but would you take Bamba or a post grad wing like Pryor at Georgetown who is a double digit scorer. Bamba would probably only be around for a year like the post grad. I hope he chooses us but really think we need a wing who is an athlete with the ball and can score. A lot of pressure on Matthews to be that guy next year.

With that being said does anyone think JB would make the move of getting next year’s team out in transition more. Will have more athleticism especially if Bamba came in too, it has been mentioned X is better in transition and hopefully take some pressure off the half court game.

You hit the nail on the head. Generally speaking successful perimeter based teams play at a fast pace because shots are less contested when the defense isn’t set.

NBA teams such as Phoenix & Dallas in the mid 2000s are the model in my view. I just think playing a drag it out game is a recipe for disaster without an elite shot creator considering our athletic limitations.

2 Likes

What’s Dave’s team have inside to defend him? I’m interested in more info on Liver’s ball-handling and how he gets his points. (post up, transition, PnR, C&S, slashing, dribble pen, FT, etc)

Same; Livers’ handle in his last video was the most encouraging sign, and the midrange game was nice too. Just want to make sure the handle wasn’t an anomaly

EEVP is extremely small. Not a single player on the roster over 6’4. Livers generated all his points from the perimeter when I saw him play vs Detroit Western exclusive of transition. Isaiah mostly scored on midrange jumpers off the bounce. I think Livers will have to go inside vs EEVP, because he’s not getting separation on Greg Elliott on the perimeter.

If Livers can take Greg off the dribble be very excited.

I’ll definitely have more for you guys Saturday in what should be a really fun day for me.

4 Likes

I’ve said it for two years. He’s the perfect 4 for us He could play 3 sometimes too. Sadly we have not recruited him at all right? He’s perfect for us. Attitude and all he fits with Belein,

Problem is mattd he re-classifies to 18 and he goes from 60 ranking on ESPN to 18 overall, I’m partial to the city rocks kids as I saw them most and I’ve watched open gyms with some of their best guys who are from Rochester. So id love hamier. Very nice fundamental yet athletic two way player. He be a better version of livers with his length and shot blocking potential.

Mattd that kid I posted about last year as a frosh 2019 kid Isaiah Stewart blew up, just like I thought he would. After this summer I saw him ranked 28th nationally, he hurt his tailbone or tore some off muscle in that region at the USA 16 and under tryouts, I think that’s the age group, personally I think he’s top 20 in 2019. He’s built like s pro already 6-7 or 6-8 pf very strong and built. Kid is a monster. I like him more than Thomas Bryant at the same age ( both Rochester kids) Bryant could face up and hit the three but Isaiah can run the floor and make plays in transition and has better post up moves. Remember that name mattd this eybl. Jeenathan Williams too ranked 80-120 depending on the site in 18 as well. I’d love for us to go after either.

Williams is 6-5 or 6-6 wing who is super strong, athletic and great to the rack and on the mid range. His offer list isn’t super strong yet but after this summer it will be. I think it’s like g tech, temple, bonsventure, providence. Honestly I prefer him to some of our wing targets who are ranked higher. Again with Beleins Rochester and western ny roots ( cj Lee, Tyler relph same high school as Isaiah) I’m surprised he’s not plugged in on these kids and least paying a visit. Then again maybe he is. Lots of rock kids were under recruited and our balling out now. Emmit holt, quinton rose, the leading scorer from Fordham who’s name I can’t remember. Untapped market. Belein could swoop in and steal these kids I’m convinced. Jeenathan at least. I’d love to hear what you and guestsvo think of them after watching city rocks this summer.

They are going to have Elliot try to guard Livers?

I don’t think there would be any ‘trying’ on the perimeter. I think Greg will make life miserable for Livers on the wing. If Livers can create separation on Greg off the dribble be very happy

Rivals Updated Rankings for 2018:

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

Notables

Dave up to #126

Johns down to #42

Jerome Hunter #79

Cormac Ryan #63

Robby Carmody #92

Kevin Easley #120

Eric Hunter #78

And just for Dylan (lol) - Kiyon Boyd at #48

Will there be a live stream?

Not that I’m aware of

Doesn’t Livers have 3-4 inches on him, though? Seems like he would be able to shoot over the top of him unless Elliott crowds him so much he has to drive, but I feel like Livers is good enough off the dribble that that would be a mistake. But all I’ve seen is film, so I’ll defer to your opinion. Hope you can share some video on that game.

Man, Carmody seems criminally underrated, much like Stauskas was.

1 Like

I’m telling you Greg Elliott is long, moves well laterally, and is just a bulldog on defense. I don’t think Livers is good enough to beat him off the dribble. Again, if Livers is able to beat Greg off the dribble and either score or create for others then I will be one happy camper. Be very happy if this is the case, very happy.

Carmody has nowhere near Nik’s skill level in terms of ballhandling and vision, but he has a college ready frame and motor for days. Robby reminds me a lot of Rex Chapman offensively.

I think Robby could come in and give us quality minutes as a freshman, it wouldn’t take him long to adjust to the speed and physicality of the game at all in my opinion. While Ryan has more potential, I think he’s a project.