Recruiting Notes

Thanks Matt. Always appreciate these tidbits when they are available for public consumption

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty tight with AZ commit Ira Lee (from my hometown, known him for a while)

In a bit of a surprise to me, donā€™t be surprised if Brian Bowen commits to Arizona

Arizona and Crieghton are the top 2

It would be smart for him to stay away from Izzo. But Iā€™ll believe it when it happens.

Thanks for the info Matt, Iā€™m interested as always to see who gets offer from the 19 class in June. Also hope Weems changes his mind to us but just as long as he doesnā€™t end up with Izzo Iā€™m happy.

Izzo was front row at the game last night FWIW

Sounds like an Izzo type player, thatā€™s why it would be nice to get him.

Have you seen Terry Armstrong play, does he have any interest in us?

If there was ever an MSU lock itā€™s Terry. Iā€™ve interviewed and in so many words he essentially said I love MSU and donā€™t really care for Michigan

Jordan Mitchell would look good in AA

Thatā€™s what I thought, as always havenā€™t heard much about who the staff is targeting for 19.

2019 Glen Falls G Joe Girard III is visiting this weekend.

How athletic is he? How are his ball skills? Can he defend the position?

Enough of the catch and shoot only guys.

1 Like

Good range from the looks of it.

But we only saw one play from that highlight where he actually moved with the ball in his hands. Two dribble pull up at the high post. Obviously only a sophomore, but at this point seems like a guy that you add after youā€™ve got a couple cornerstones in your class already.

1 Like

Any euro targets or prospects worthy of consideration?

Not very. Not much vertical from that clip.

Exactly. Heā€™d come in with X, Brooks, and Dave already on the roster too.

We have lots of guys visit who never end up with offers. I wouldnā€™t get too worked up about it.

His teammate who Iā€™ve mentioned and who lists us is wAy more intriguing . Iā€™ve posted it before but now that were listed on rivals Iā€™ll post it again

Thatā€™s a program changer. Heā€™s 14 there. I hope we get involved with their 2018 wing teammate top 100 jeenathan Williams

Iā€™d prefer him to carmody and Ryan from what ive seen but Iā€™m biased cause Iā€™ve seen him live. I feel like weā€™d be his top offer in terms of suitors. Heā€™s beating early this high school year to. I expect him to move up a lot this summer. Hell if weā€™re after his teammates letā€™s reach out.

1 Like

Interesting read

Elias Valtonen looks like a nice player and good fit for this team and he seems to be interested in coming to the USA to play college ball based on attached.

Sam Froling also seems destined for the USA and college hoops.

Olivier Sarr looks nice as well