Zeb Jackson to enter transfer portal

Point is, I’m keeping guys in one lane to simplify the table.

1 Like

My guess at the moment is Dickinson leaves, Diabate and Houstan stay with clear starting jobs and we bring in a transfer 1 guard guard and can we still bring in a recruit after a coaching change in April or is that too late?

Rotation is:

Diabate/Reed
A mess of like 5 guys competing
Houstan/Howard
*Transfer/Bufkin
Collins/McDaniel

3 Likes

How did that get past the filter?

I tend to agree with you and I think that transfer needs to be able to play some on ball and preferably be a decent defender. Those other three guards are going to be…uh…an adventure.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some Jett/Houstan out there together too.

1 Like

Ninja editing the clusterf*** I just put here for moderating purposes. For some reason the filter doesn’t care about that lol

1 Like

You wimps…

Sorry, didn’t know swearing was unwanted. Edited it.

But yeah, a scoring 2 guard transfer seems like the obvious thing to transfer. A senior coming in would allow Bufkin to become a rotation bench guy next year and then start as a Junior, which feels about right.

2 Likes

I agree…those are just the hardest transfers to find.

I wasn’t offended by the vulgarity…more impressed that you found a word the filter didn’t catch.

3 Likes

I’m just as concerned with PG as I am with Bufkin. Maybe more so

3 Likes

It’s very wanted. Dylan just tends to be one step ahead of us.

1 Like

I don’t think that is even close to fine. We will badly need at least another transfer guard to play a lot of quality minutes and I could see us needing 2 guard/wing transfers.

2 Likes

Agreed. Transfer guard at the 1 or 2. Feel like we’ll be a prime landing spot for a Marcus Carr kind of guard (I know he’s kind of had a middling season, but he was the first high major coveted guard I thought of).

2 Likes

Sahvir Wheeler would have been nice to have for this year and next

1 Like

Jeenathan please and thank you. Had to.

2 Likes

Again, had Zeb found a way to be happy and healthy here I really think he may have seized the third guard spot by the horns here and never looked back by now.

3 Likes

if this is in another post i apologize, but is the thought from most that Caleb comes back for another year?you can see the kid has talent but he really hasn’t tapped into this year. when he’s on, the team is ridiculously good. when he’s not it hurts the team. if both him and Moussa comes back this team could be deadly next year. Go Blue!

2 Likes

I thought Dylan put it well on the last podcast – if he comes back and doesn’t take a leap, his draft stock plumments. Right now he is a five-star who delivered on his core skill, shooting. Even if you start looking at the rest and finding flaws, that’s possibly motivation to just go now. NBA likes youth, he’d be 19 well into his rookie season. You can see the logic for going.

2 Likes

It’s all up to Caleb. This is a bad draft so it’s possible he thinks it could be his best chance. Same for Moussa

there is for sure holes in both of their games. another year under Coach Howard and staff would be ideal for both of them.

2 Likes

I get the argument for leaving but Caleb does not look pro ready whatsoever. I generally don’t advocate for another year in school but I think Caleb needs to stay. his stock has fallen as hard as peloton’s if not worse LOL

4 Likes

I really don’t think he’s delivered on his core skill at all. Teams aren’t gonna want to draft a guy who can shoot 36% but can only make wide open shots off zero movement. His college tape is a guy whose undraftable. I think he could still get drafted this year based on his high school film alone, but I don’t think it’s a situation where any scout is gonna look at the tape and feel confident he’s a plus shooter at the next level.

But I agree his draft upside/downside if he came back is insanely swingy

5 Likes