Zeb Jackson to enter transfer portal

From the little we got to see of Zeb play, I thought he could be a very good player. If he takes care of himself, I think he will do well at his next stop. Best of luck, young fella.

7 Likes

FC/Dug - Kobe - Jett and Caleb seems absolutely fine, Williams will continue to get minutes at the three, probably, and Barnes has to play eventually. Really need a lot of growth from Kobe, obviously.

So, youā€™re saying we will be a little heavy on the forwards next year.

1 Like

How are you deciding how to put what guys on what lists? Houstan/Dickinson/Diabate?

I would do U-Mā€™s roster in these position groups for next year:

• PG: McDaniel, Collins
  • SG: Bufkin
  • Wing: Houstan, Jett Howard, Barnes
  • PF: Diabate, Williams, Tschetter, Glenn, Jace Howard
  • C: Dickinson, Reed

Use that as a starting pointā€¦ but to be honest I think there will be a lot of movement over the next few months. Splitting into G/W/Big doesnā€™t really work at this point I donā€™t think.

Thatā€™s not to say you canā€™t play two wings together (like MSU does, for example) but it categorizes guys based on what type of player they are.

4 Likes

Lol 5 PFsā€¦ 3 total guards

8 Likes

5 power forwards, 3 guards and 1 center when Dickinson decides to play somewhere else

2 Likes

feel like there will be some attrition too. i bet TWill transfers and someone goes pro

4 Likes

TWill? Heā€™d be last on my list to transfer actually. He gets way more pt than warranted

3 Likes

I am not going to speculate on transfers and donā€™t see any obvious candidates. In my opinion, Diabate is only a PF if Dickinson returns or they sign another starting quality big. Otherwise he plays centerā€¦which helps with the log jam at PF. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

As I was saying, thereā€™s a ton of attritionā€¦ just putting people in ther right buckets to start makes the most sense.

Thereā€™s a world where you play Dug-Kobe-Caleb-Jett-Moussa or a world where you play Frankie-Jett-Glenn-Tschetter-Reed or Frankie-Kobe-Jett-Williams-Dickinson. Or a world where 2+ starters next year arenā€™t on the roster right now. Itā€™s just impossible to say right now until we figure out how pro decisions and portal decisions shake out.

8 Likes

Dickinson a center obv. Diabate, since heā€™s playing next to HD, F. Houstan F. A wing is essentially a SF, hence F. Then you get into alternate positions, combo guards, etc. I just prefer to keep it simple G, F, C.

I mostly agree that there are essentially just three positions in basketball these days, and that Michigan (and most teams) will generally try to play w a guard and a big and three wings. There is some nuance among the wings that we all recognize and some need for additional ball handling (often from a 2) and rebounding (a 4). So I donā€™t hate attempts to show where players are on the wing spectrum. But I essentially agree that most college teams are trying to fill 120 minutes of wing minutes, not 40 or 80. It will be interesting when Greg Glen (Glenn?) plays and adds ball handling and play making from the ā€˜4ā€™, for example. If thatā€™s the case, ca we play bigger and bulkier at the 2?

1 Like

Your not suggesting that Glenn will play the 2 are you? He may have play making skills but I only see the 4 position in his future with a possibility to play some 3. I see him similar to T. Williams with good length so he better start hitting the camp Sanderson workout program to get stronger because this is not highschool and most 4ā€™s will be 2 inches taller than him.

1 Like

I just disagree with a classification system that puts guys like Houstan and Jett in the same category as Diabate and Glenn. Or a system that puts Nunez in the same category as Dug McDaniel.

If anything, combining the twos and threes makes the most sense.

2 Likes

Vivid examples.

1 Like

Good Q ā€” thanks. No, I wouldnā€™t call GG a 2. I would call GG a pretty interesting weirdo. But I donā€™t think calling him a 4 is helpful either because he has a different set of skills. But he clearly wonā€™t be guard or big and I guess thatā€™s enough.

I do kind of wonder if you have GG in the floor (probably not next year, when he will be a frosh and probably will not be very good, but afterwards), well, maybe you donā€™t need a ā€˜2ā€™ guard necessarily. Maybe GG compensates for the ball handling and you can play Barnesā€”Jettā€”Glenn as your wings in a way that you canā€™t play Cheesmanā€”Barnesā€”Jett, because the latter just doesnā€™t have enough playmaking. (Obviously Iā€™m just making this up based on recruiting reps. I know that when Iā€™m talking about recruits two years from now, I have even less idea what Iā€™m talking about than usual.)

How about this?

1 Like

If Dickinson is gone and Diabate is back, then Diabate is the Center.

canā€™t cover every scenario.

itā€™s your scenario, not mine

1 Like