Zavier Simpson only wants to look forward

2 Likes

I think X was particularly passionate today. He gave Franz and someone else shit at a level I hadn’t noticed in a while.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember one time in particular where Franz took his time getting the ball inbounds and Simpson was all on his shit hah love it.

1 Like

I think he was mad that Franz had already given up on the defensive possession, starting to run down the court for offense, but X had a made a stop on the initial shot and then didn’t have any support at the basket.

X chewed him out and then Franz went and made an and-1 the very next play

3 Likes

I am pretty sure we are talking about different plays. Still the same effect though! Simpson is a great leader at the end of the day.

1 Like

Ive started to see some things where X is only available for media after wins, its that correct? If so why?

That is not uncommon, for fiery personalities. I remember when I was coaching hockey having my entire squirt team outside the locker room of an Avalanche versus Capitals hockey game, and the kids were disappointed that Patrick Roy did not come out, because he had lost a tight game. The coach explained that he doesn’t handle himself well after losing and it’s best he avoid the press or kids. I can imagine X is similar.

Yes, that has been pretty much true for the last 2 years or so.

To be fair, it isn’t like we get access to everyone after losses. Michigan brings 2 or 3 players out for most games… into the media room at home or outside the locker room on the road.

In postseason (NCAA/Big Ten tourney) there is open locker room access. Simpson and Poole both refused to talk at points last year after games or hid out during the open locker room time. I definitely remember this happening after the BTT loss to MSU.

1 Like

“It remained unclear what team rule Simpson broke.”

Don’t speed and drive into street poles works for me.

3 Likes

It’s right there in the team handbook next to don’t vandalize your neighbor’s mailbox and always look both ways before crossing the street. The rules are very clear - don’t run into a street pole. Written right there on page 37.

3 Likes

Hopefully this is all there is to it.

1 Like

Guys, according to the article he hit a light pole after 3 AM. I suspect the rule he broke was being out past some weekend curfew, Or being a part of an altercation that involved police. Let’s hope it wasn’t alcohol related.

2 Likes

a little more detail

Warde should probably talk to his kid about letting the players borrow his car

1 Like

Wow, they didn’t breahalize him or put him through field tests after seeing him stumble to the car to retrieve his license or proof it’s wardes car? Ahhh, not saying that he was drunk but wtf? So glad they didn’t but all I can say is they must be big fans of the program.

I love Zavier but I don’t buy for one second that he was completely sober here, why else does one lie about being the driver and give out a fake name? Even if he wasn’t drunk , I have to believe he had some drinks that night or was stoned.

Also I’ve never heard of officers looking the other way in a situation like this and not at least doing field tests. If that’s a normal person crashing at 3 am , seen stumbling, driving someone else’s car who isn’t even with you and then lying about how was/ giving a fake name! That’s a sobriety check 10 out of 10 along with a full search and shake down and your heading down to the station.

They did x and the program a huge solid here looking the other way. Must have seen how bad they’ve looked minus livers and couldn’t bear watching the squad minus x/ watching his career go down In flames this way in his senior year as he gets the boot for the season possibly.

4 Likes

If Juwan had this information, I feel it probably warranted a 2-3 game suspension, MINIMUM, on top of some other requirements (extra sprints, stairs etc).

I’m going to venture a guess that that conversation happened.

2 Likes

Maybe he did and just realized they could get away with it versus Nebraska but not versus Rutgers, Ohio st, or Michigan st. Season was on the brink. Didn’t want to end the squads season without a fight and Xavier’s career with it.

If he had what information?