Zavier Simpson has Michigan playing gritty and pretty

Tre Jones before Charles Matthews? What a joke.

3 Likes

I go back and forth wondering who is a better defender between X and Matthews. Both are awesome and it would have been nice for Matthews to get that recognition.

2 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you. I think Charles may be the best defender in college basketball and heā€™s certainly the best wing defender, in my opinion. X is the best defensive point guard in America. Again, my opinion but many would agree. Suffice it to say both are in the stratosphere of collegiate basketball defensive players. Again, just my opinion, and I havenā€™t seen every college basketball player, but theyā€™re both REALLY good. Iā€™m sure glad they both play for us!

1 Like

Omer Asik with much better lateral quickness

Those national types of awards are pretty silly, best not to get worked up over them.Tre Jones is a great defender, the crime there is Grant Williams but again, doesnā€™t matter too much. Brandon Clarke should win anyway

White isnā€™t a point guard? Do you mean like, naturally? Or potential NBA position? Because he definitely runs the point at UNCā€¦

I know the NBA has changed a lot, but I watched Spud Webb have a full career in the NBA at 5 foot 7 and Muggsy Bogues have a decent career in the NBA at 5 foot 3. Muggsy couldnā€™t shoot a lick. Simpson doesnā€™t turnover the ball (usually) and sees the court very well. He would have way more assists if we had a better shooting team - putting him in much better context as an NBA PG. I think he has a chance. But, iā€™m down with Dylanā€™s top five.

No Matthews, who a lot of NBA guys think may be the best wing defender in college, or Teske is pretty laughable.

1 Like

Matthews is the best wing defender in CBB. Heā€™d be a plus defender in the NBA if his offense ever allows him to stick in the league.

1 Like

Winston vs. Simpson is compelling subplot in Michigan State vs. Michigan showdown