Zavier Simpson records triple-double in blowout win over "dream school"

3 Likes

Were Dylan to revisit his Big Ten Top 25 players, Simpson would catapult into the rankings I do believe.
Best Sky Hook evah

Zavier Simpson junior year:
8.9 PPG, 5.9 APG, 5.1 RPG, 1.6 SPG, 1.7 TO, 43% FG, 29% 3FG, 55% FT

Rajon Rondo sophomore year:
11.2 PPG, 4.9 APG, 6.1 RPG, 2.0 SPG, 2.3 TO, 48% FG, 27% 3FG, 57% FT

3 Likes

As hard as it is to get a triple double, I’m betting Simpson gets at least one more before he is done at Michigan.
Is there any question about who is Michigan’s MVP this year?

1 Like

20-1. I just can’t believe it- I was hoping for a similar kind of year to last year, but wasn’t sure if we could replace MAAR, Mo, and Duncan. This team has just exceeded my expectations and I tell myself not to get mad about the frustrating things and just try to take it all in. We’re on a special run.

6 Likes

A triple double with 0 turnovers? That is rarefied air… When was the last time that happened at Michigan…or in any D-I program?

1 Like

JJ made a great point. @umhoops not asking you to make a list but if you could redo or alter the top 25 in the big ten player rankings I imagine it’d look pretty different than preseason?

1 Like

It would definitely look a lot different. Maybe Alex and I will do a re-rank.

7 Likes

Would love to see that again

1 Like

In my eyes and again I am biased when it comes to X,he would have to have a horrendous game against Iowa to not be named B1G POW. I agree with all the comments on this post especially about re-ranking conf top 25 players.

7 Likes

Random observation/question - I came across Zavier’s instagram the other day and his handle is “nfl_xaviersimpson3”

Anyone know what the NFL stands for? Also thought it was kind of odd he didn’t change his handle to be Z instead of X. Anyone know anything?

Thanks

1 Like
1 Like

You know what I would pay (a small amount) to see? A highlight reel of all of X’s made hook shots this year. I wish I would have saved all the games on the DVR.

2 Likes

FWIW, i think i remember seeing at one point that the “L” actually stood for Lima… a more tailored version for him

Never forget Lima.

3 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this, but what a cool quote from DDJ about X

9 Likes