Video: Juwan Howard previews Seton Hall

2 Likes

@umhoops asking for your perspective as someone who gets to ask these questions, is there some code among press folks to try to not be the one to ask the coach a question that makes him end the interview? :joy:

1 Like

Not really, mostly because I haven’t seen too many questions that caused an interview to end – especially in a pre-game availability.

Seemed like it was the question about free throws that shut him down. Wonder why the sensitivity.

2 Likes

Adam Zagoria tried his best to get Juwan to say something about Seton Hall, and Juwan gave him nothing.

1 Like

I get the impression Juwan had other things he’d rather be doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So what has happened with Juwan recently he’s been pretty short with every reporter. I get questions can be tedious but it seems like he’s put off by having to do this stuff.

3 Likes

He might want to try a more diplomatic approach towards addressing some of these questions. With regards to Zeb, he could just say, I appreciate your concern for his well-being, but that’s all I can share with you at this time.

1 Like

Juwan is always pretty guarded regarding injuries. So is Harbaugh. Also, I think that Juwan doesn’t want to tip his hand on who might play or his approach to the game. He’s better in post game pressers.

1 Like

I actually think Juwan gave a perfectly beautiful answer when Balas first asked about Zeb. Maybe he’s a little irked that he keeps getting asked the same question at virtually every press conference that he has made pretty clear to the “press” he isn’t going to answer and perhaps can’t answer.

2 Likes

Well I believe the said before the Wayne St game he was out due to injury. Then we have a week or so later it’s illness. Could he have had an injury and then an illness?? Sure. Of course there was video of Zeb warming up with a coach an hour before tip time. Maybe his illness isn’t contagious but if he was ill do you want him close to teammates?

As long as no one is kissing Zeb they should be fine

3 Likes

Don’t think anyone has reported that he’s been injured. Report has been “illness” since Media Day.

Well, I wouldn’t want a contagious person with the teammates, and the managers, and the coaches, etc. I am sure Juwan Howard and the doctors don’t want that, either.

My advice to the “press” and to fans who seem to believe they have a right to know what is wrong with Zeb, Juwan isn’t going to answer that question, give it up. And, as long as those questions, questions that he will not answer, as long as they continue to be asked, Juwan may continue to be irked by that and then, as a result, be less than as forthcoming as some would want him to be.

1 Like

Well when I was listening to the radio broadcast they had said the injury report both Frankie and Zeb were out for the Wayne St game.

Well the “injury report” was that Zeb was out due to illness.

2 Likes

I don’t find him that forthcoming to begin with it… Can he be less forthcoming?? I just find it interesting that stuff in college football/basketball is often kept secretive but in the NFL/NBA/MLB it’s all open and transparent. Maybe that has to do with gambling etc… I did read college football teams often do exchange injury reports that the media doesn’t see.

1 Like

Here we go again…

3 Likes

I think you and I have a different belief as to what the public has a “right” to know, and that’s OK. I appreciate when I can learn things I’d like to know, but I don’t feel I have a right to know everything I may want to know. Since I don’t follow the NBA, the NFL, or MLB anymore, I really don’t care what they do or do not do. I also don’t gamble, so I don’t know about whether that has an influence on what people need or want to know. Again, we may have a difference of opinion and that’s certainly OK. I suspect there are more folks on your side of that opinion than on mine. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I think this is the reason teams tend to be hush-hush on mono. They think it implies “getting around town”. Which isn’t quite the case. Mono isn’t super contagious but it can still be spread through coughing, sharing utensils/cups, etc. So there are situations beyond kissing where you could get it, lol.

1 Like