Video: Juwan Howard previews Buffalo

3 Likes

It’s interesting to me that there weren’t many questions about the opponent. I realize it’s earrrrrly in the season, but the only question (and answer) that I thought that was worth anything was Andrew Kahn’s question about whether Zeb practiced in the last three weeks…

I will never understand how reporters use their valuable time slots asking questions from the script of “see, this is what I know in question form, and I need you to regurgitate it back to me in answer form.”

3 Likes

First question was about Buffalo but a bit of the start got cut off (due to me). Juwan also, I’d say, goes out of his way not to say much when asked about game specifics beyond the very high-level.

2 Likes

This is so they have a quote to fit into their story about “what (they) know”, FWIW.

Thanks for the clarification, Dylan. A little early for me to get into full-on Grinch mode.

1 Like

Since Juwan mentioned in the presser that he DOES have one year of eligibility left and that if Howard Eisley were to become a college coach Juwan just might use that fourth year and suit up for Eisley. So…how 'bout suiting up next year as player coach in your program at Michigan, Juwna?!? :thinking::rofl:

Also, I’m just waiting to hear some of the guys’ thoughts on Juwan’s reply to Chris Balas! :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

My thoughts on Juwan’s reply to Chris Balas is that Juwan is getting more seasoned at pressers.

2 Likes

Juwan is very coy . If the question you’re referring to is about what he tells recruits, did Balas actually expect Juwan to tell him? Most these reporters seem scared to death that they may strike a bad nerve like a toothache with their questions to Juwan and Balas is one of them. :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like

Eli is casually giving y’all the bird.

2 Likes

Is Michigan still doing virtual press things this year??? Surprised they’re not in front of an actual audience.

Pre-game stuff will be over Zoom generally, most post-game stuff will be in-person.

Gotcha 10 characters

Not thrilled this is the opening night game.

At least we get to see what should have been with Jeenathan Williams. It’s like we’ve come full circle on the dream. I’ll shed a tear after we whoop that a** tomorrow and negotiate the fifth year transfer postgame.

Seriously though this is a good team. Buffalo will be tough this year. Love Michigan’s squad this year though so I expect a w.

3 Likes

Finally get Sly’s words on this game!