Tyus Battle Decommits

There’s a lot of those big dollar handshakes on that campus! Pretty hard to turn away the dollars!

His dad can say all he wants to the contrary, but he is totally pulling the strings in regards to his sons future. The sad part is it appears Tyus WANTED to be here. His dad LOVES the attention and perpetually needs to keep it going. Tyus’ flirtation with M is done and over, solely because of his star struck Pops. Good riddance dad, Tyus I’ll miss what you could have been here.

Has he truly decomitted or has he just kept his options open? There is a big difference between the two and if he keeps his options open don’t count him out. Kind of reminds me of when jabrill peppers committed to the football team but still took visits to keep options open.

Has he truly decomitted or has he just kept his options open? There is a big difference between the two and if he keeps his options open don't count him out. Kind of reminds me of when jabrill peppers committed to the football team but still took visits to keep options open.

Peppers never took another visit after he committed to Michigan.

His Twitter still says MICH COMMIT and has his pic in a Mich jersey. It seems so weird to me that with all the hype around it yesterday he hasn’t changed this. This is becoming a weird story potentially. Technically we haven’t heard anything official from him, his family, or the staff regarding a decommitment. The Cumberland visit is potentially a sign but we were going to continue to recruit anyway. No hidden meaning tweets from Bacari or anything which is something he usually does around events with the team. Maybe some more turns coming. I was thinking Tyus father was influencing his son…now I’m starting to wonder if his father is just leaking info to cause a story?

Jerry Meyer says he would be more surprised if Tyus Battle didn't commit to Syracuse this weekend than if he did. What an absolutely brutal blow. I really, really don't understand the appeal of Syracuse. Boeheim is retiring soon, they just got a boat load of serious violations, including ineligible players, academic misconduct, improper benefits, and failure to enforce their drug policy, and Syracuse as a town is depressing, to say the least. Do kids even understand the word "commitment" these days? Puzzling..

Yea if he ends up at Syracuse then that pretty much ends the charade that he cares about academics

Is he a garunteed one and done? I like the way he looks but I am not sure he’s a garunteed one and done. Also don’t sleep on our current guys, they will be very good upper class men in two years when their the go to options. I’d say even this year but with Caris I doubt they will be the number one or two options.

Also I don’t think it’s over for us yet. Still wearing Michigan gear on Twitter. Even opening it back up doesn’t mean we’re done, not good but I’m not totally giving up unless he says were out.

It may not be over for us, but I think that’s true only if Battle decided to recommit in the near future. We’re not going to hold a spot for him, and I’d imagine we have a good shot at both Cumberland and Huerter.

It may not be over for us, but I think that's true only if Battle decided to recommit in the near future. We're not going to hold a spot for him, and I'd imagine we have a good shot at both Cumberland and Huerter.

Yes. With the twitter stuff maybe its more that the family wanting him to look around, but him considering himself still wanting to be here.

But like you said, I assume he has been told that we have to continue looking ourselves at filling our roster.

There is likely a (very) small window of time for him to re-claim his spot.

I definitely think it’s his father meddling. How can he stay in the blogs and get quoted if his son already committed? I hope tyus sees the light and decides to do the right thing for himself and not what his dAd wants. Going to cuse makes no sense. He’s a great fit in Ann Arbor and would be joining a stacked 2016 team, in a style of play that he fits beautifully.

Have seen nothing out there regarding Battle’s Syracuse visit this weekend. Anyone seen any info…did it happen even? Story has such a weird vibe to it.

a couple days after his decommitted and his Twitter bio still says “MICHIGAN COMMIT” and his picture is him in Michigan stuff. His recent activity shows that he’s definintely been on Twitter a lot recently.

The only hint is from Wednesday when he randomly tweeted just “WOW” with nothing else. Whatever is going on here, there’s a good bet Papa Battle is behind it.

Agreed…I have no doubt at this point that his family is behind this news the last few days. It would appear his heart and mind is still at Mich. Hopefully if he did make a Cuse visit it was just to appease his Dad in the decision process. Hopefully this week he reaffirms HIS decision to attend Mich. Maybe his Dad was having media withdrawals and the visit was a Father’s Day gift LOL. They can’t actually think Cuse is a better situation or fit.

mgoblog says its about travel. a weekend in ann arbor for gavitt games will set you back $750 in airfare for fam of 3 plus $250 a night at a well-located hotel, $500 for meals. you’re looking at 2250. daddy’s singing ‘they tried to make me go to a-a and i said no no no.’

Well his twitter account has changed so I feel worse about it now but I still hope he comes to Michigan.

mgoblog says its about travel. a weekend in ann arbor for gavitt games will set you back $750 in airfare for fam of 3 plus $250 a night at a well-located hotel, $500 for meals. you're looking at 2250. daddy's singing 'they tried to make me go to a-a and i said no no no.'

To bad Jaylen Brown didn’t stay closer to home. Plane ticket for the family and they could have stayed with relatives!!! Wishful thinking ha ha

mgoblog says its about travel. a weekend in ann arbor for gavitt games will set you back $750 in airfare for fam of 3 plus $250 a night at a well-located hotel, $500 for meals. you're looking at 2250. daddy's singing 'they tried to make me go to a-a and i said no no no.'
Honestly, I haven't been back to the area in a while, but for those in the know...does it seriously cost anywhere near that much? I can see the airfare but the rest of those numbers seem seriously inflated, unless maybe you're staying and dining at the Ritz every night.

The cost of food numbers are inflated by 5x. The hotel cost is inflated by 2x. The numbers don’t even add up: 750+250+500 does not equal 2250.

That guy has one post and that one post is making up lies about cost of food and hotels in Ann Arbor. What was his agenda?