Tyus Battle Decommits

No agenda guys. Been a UM fan since Gary Grant. Estimates based on kayak and other legit sources.
3 nights @ 250 for central location, not some stripmall hotel. Depends on your taste I guess.
Ewr to det x 3 @250. Kayak
Family of 4 for 3 days @40 per ~500.
Easily done and adds up to 2250.
Oh and don’t forget about a rental car!

Math must be hard…

No agenda guys. Been a UM fan since Gary Grant. Estimates based on kayak and other legit sources. 3 nights @ 250 for central location, not some stripmall hotel. Depends on your taste I guess. Ewr to det x 3 @250. Kayak Family of 4 for 3 days @40 per ~500. Easily done and adds up to 2250. Oh and don't forget about a rental car!

Why would you rent a car if you’re staying at the hotel on Huron? You would just take a cab in from the airport and then walk everywhere, no?

And I know you’re talking about the hotel on Huron because it’s the only one that’s over $200/night. The hotels off 94 are <$200 and are the same distance to Crisler as the hotel on Huron is. They aren’t dumps either, although I guess I’m not really sure what the hell a “strip mall hotel” is.

Also, why are you estimating for 3 days instead of 2? 2 seems more likely unless the family can get Friday or Monday off.

You’re making this as expensive as possible.

This probably isn’t really worth arguing about anyway since it’s not really about price, or that’s just one factor. If the parents liked Michigan they would find a way to make it work financially. It seems like the 'rents like other schools/programs better and will throw out whatever reasons to justify it. I just think it’s irresponsible of mom and pop to even let it get to this situation. If they were going to be this controlling, why not make it clear in advance that Tyus shouldn’t commit until talking to over with them?

I find the notion that the family would need to attend the games ridiculous. He is a young man…Are they going to be waiting in the halls after his mid term exams too? Watch the game on tv. If it is not in the budget to see more than a few games live, then pack some sandwiches, drive a car for 9 hours and sleep in one of the cheaper hotels for one night. What is the problem?

I find the notion that the family would need to attend the games ridiculous. He is a young man...Are they going to be waiting in the halls after his mid term exams too? Watch the game on tv. If it is not in the budget to see more than a few games live, then pack some sandwiches, drive a car for 9 hours and sleep in one of the cheaper hotels for one night. What is the problem?

The family also won’t being paying any tuition (out of state at that) which is no joke. A ton of money staying in their bank account.

I’m just throwing those figures out there as a scenario. You could go budget on the hotel and shorten the stay. Lots of people prefer to maximize the stay due to fixed flight cost. Obviously plenty of kids stay close to home, even in-state, due to cost. We shouldn’t judge their choice. Could the trip be cheaper…yes. But clearly they are considering the travel factor.

Lol…

1. Originally you were quoting for a family of 3. Then when you were called out for being an idiot, you changed your quote to a family of 4. Troll less.

2. The Sheraton, Courtyard by Marriot, Hyatt, and other hotels are all in the $150 per night range. These are all nice hotels and far from “strip mall motels”. Troll less.

You were wrong. Move along, troll.

No agenda guys. Been a UM fan since Gary Grant. Estimates based on kayak and other legit sources. 3 nights @ 250 for central location, not some stripmall hotel. Depends on your taste I guess. Ewr to det x 3 @250. Kayak Family of 4 for 3 days @40 per ~500. Easily done and adds up to 2250. Oh and don't forget about a rental car!

Why would you rent a car if you’re staying at the hotel on Huron? You would just take a cab in from the airport and then walk everywhere, no?

And I know you’re talking about the hotel on Huron because it’s the only one that’s over $200/night. The hotels off 94 are <$200 and are the same distance to Crisler as the hotel on Huron is. They aren’t dumps either, although I guess I’m not really sure what the hell a “strip mall hotel” is.

Also, why are you estimating for 3 days instead of 2? 2 seems more likely unless the family can get Friday or Monday off.

You’re making this as expensive as possible.

This probably isn’t really worth arguing about anyway since it’s not really about price, or that’s just one factor. If the parents liked Michigan they would find a way to make it work financially. It seems like the 'rents like other schools/programs better and will throw out whatever reasons to justify it. I just think it’s irresponsible of mom and pop to even let it get to this situation. If they were going to be this controlling, why not make it clear in advance that Tyus shouldn’t commit until talking to over with them?

LOL. Troll = owned.

I guess u need it spelled out. Tyus doesn’t need the plane ticket or hotel. But one would presume he would eat with his family. Hence the 3/4 split. Lighten up guys I’m not a troll.

It’s 9 hour drive, approximately. My guess is that they would not fly to most weekend games, and they would be able to attend road games at Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland with a much shorter drive. BTW, Frontier now flies direct from Trenton to DTW at VERY low rates. Your hotel and meal expenses are high, and my guess is that their younger son would have a lot of conflicts that would prevent him from attending games, no matter where he plays. Having said that, Syracuse is quite obviously a shorter and less expensive trip. If that’s the overriding consideration, the Syracuse wins. Of course, this was all known before the commitment.

I guess u need it spelled out. Tyus doesn't need the plane ticket or hotel. But one would presume he would eat with his family. Hence the 3/4 split. Lighten up guys I'm not a troll.

The Sheraton, Courtyard by Marriot, Hyatt, and other hotels are all in the $150 per night range. These are all nice hotels and far from “strip mall motels”. It took me all of 90 seconds to find out that information. You are purposely posting misleading information for some reason.

We’ve had some stupid arguments on this forum, but I think this one takes the cake guys. Let’s all relax a little bit

This is really the conversation the board has lowered to? It is a pointless go back and forth. Can we get back to actual conversation about U of M basketball or recruiting.

If you don’t want to call out someone for posting lies, that’s your prerogative. If you don’t like that I call out trolls for blatant lies, then don’t read my posts.

If you don't want to call out someone for posting lies, that's your prerogative. If you don't like that I call out trolls for blatant lies, then don't read my posts.

It had nothing to do with calling out trolls, please continue to do so. I’m just saying it a conversation that is pointless in the grand scheme of things for recruiting. No disrespect intended. I think we all know the initial comment regarding travel costs as a part of Battle’s recruitment is somewhat of a silly conversation to have in the first place.

It’s 9 hour drive, approximately. My guess is that they would not fly to most weekend games, and they would be able to attend road games at Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland with a much shorter drive. BTW, Frontier now flies direct from Trenton to DTW at VERY low rates. Your hotel and meal expenses are high, and my guess is that their younger son would have a lot of conflicts that would prevent him from attending games, no matter where he plays. Having said that, Syracuse is quite obviously a shorter and less expensive trip. If that’s the overriding consideration, the Syracuse wins. Of course, this was all known before the commitment.

Yeah…they knew the cost beforehand. I can’t imagine that’s the reason.
Besides, he plays AAU. That’s not cheap.