The postseason is here, what do we really know about Michigan?

3 Likes

I believe Livers is the biggest key. Simpson and Wagner have stepped up for the most part the last 10 games or so. This team needs a consistent 3rd player to make plays (hit shots or get into the lane and create scoring opportunities). This puts the rest of the team in a comfortable position for the 4th player to an outlier (as Beilein would call it) from game to game. I’m not sure if Livers is still hurt, out of sync / not in as good of shape because of previous injuries or just not playing good basketball. I think our rides in the Big Ten Tournament and NCAA tournament will be short lived if he is not consistently knocking down some 3’s and finding his way to 12 - 18 points a night. That is my biggest key or question mark for the post season!!

2 Likes

I’d like to see Livers go back to playing to his strengths on offense: shoot the three, and attack close-outs. For some reason we’ve been posting him up recently when he’s guarded by a smaller player, and he looks completely lost in that role. The only two guys on this team I actually like posting up are Davis and Wagner (and occasionally Teske).

1 Like