Suggestions?

This is something of a soft launch. If there’s something you like or don’t like about the new setup please let us know!

I think we’re probably going to be doing just as much experimenting as you are, trying to figure out how this whole thing works.

For example, images?

Images.

Alternating the background colors behind posts makes things a little easier to read.

@TheLastHoke Going to work on a post explaining features… Images you’ve got. You can embed tweets, videos, etc just by posting the URL to the tweet/YouTube.

@sven I’ll look into alternating the background colors. Do you mean on the main discussion page? Right now they are colored based on whether you’ve read them or not.

Can also do mentions as you see.

Alternating the background colors behind posts makes things a little easier to read.

That would be a good idea. All of the white space tends to bleed out, and makes your eyes wander a bit. I don’t think we need boxes, but alternating colors would draw your focus to the comments.

Twitter test…

https://twitter.com/bacari34/status/329386579644805122

Youtube…

No links

well, that’s awesome about Bacari. Anyways, just poking through these threads, don’t mind me… oh yeah, and alternating color scheme for posting would be a nice touch. just another suggestion.

Reply button, like MGoBlog has, where your comment appears directly under the comment that you are replaying to. Not the format where “John Doe said…” and then you write a reply. That would be my request.

Reply button, like MGoBlog has, where your comment appears directly under the comment that you are replaying to. Not the format where "John Doe said..........." and then you write a reply. That would be my request.

So… threaded comments?

Reply button, like MGoBlog has, where your comment appears directly under the comment that you are replaying to. Not the format where "John Doe said..........." and then you write a reply. That would be my request.

So… threaded comments?

Threaded comments, or just the option to have threaded comments would be nice. When the board becomes bigger, having the current system will prove untenable.

All big forums use this system. The threaded system is outdated garbage that only the crappy recruiting sites still seem to use. It doesn’t work half as well with huge threads.

All it does is make it impossible for those of us using this system to to who the heck people using the threaded system are even talking to since they never use quotes.

Going with threaded convos would probably be a big overhaul… Might look into it but it might be on the wish list for a while.

Dylan: Mgoblog became immensely popular because of a semi-competitive points system that has since been abandoned. Each user could award another user points(or take them away) with a simple up or downvote. HUGE user point fluctuations(pos and neg bombs) added many many utiles of fun to the board. Brian isn’t using the system anymore. If you could pull it off, you would own the Michigan Blogosphere. Word would spread QUICK. We’re talking Game of Thrones power move.

Dylan: Mgoblog became immensely popular because of a semi-competitive points system that has since been abandoned. Each user could award another user points(or take them away) with a simple up or downvote. HUGE user point fluctuations(pos and neg bombs) added many many utiles of fun to the board. Brian isn't using the system anymore. If you could pull it off, you would own the Michigan Blogosphere. Word would spread QUICK. We're talking Game of Thrones power move.

I’d negbomb the hell out of this post

Dylan: Mgoblog became immensely popular because of a semi-competitive points system that has since been abandoned. Each user could award another user points(or take them away) with a simple up or downvote. HUGE user point fluctuations(pos and neg bombs) added many many utiles of fun to the board. Brian isn't using the system anymore. If you could pull it off, you would own the Michigan Blogosphere. Word would spread QUICK. We're talking Game of Thrones power move.

I don’t particularly want a clone of the MGoBlog forum here. The user base will likely be smaller and I think there are other uses than to discuss general topics as is done frequently on those boards. I think the focus of this board should be discussion about Michigan Basketball topics that can’t be easily had in the comments of the blog.

Although now that I think of it, I’m curious if it will be better to have open threads in the forum or on the blog when it comes time for games. We could maybe do college basketball open threads.

@DingoBlue I think Michigan game open threads will stay in the blog… Daily CBB open threads, NBA draft, other big games, are all perfect for here.

Dingoblue: I dont know how you can call it “cloning” when they dont even use it anymore. I say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Think of the page hits Dylan. Think of the advertising revenue.

Deangelovickers: You just made my point for me. You would neg bomb me if you could, and darn it, you would ENJOY it.