Welcome to the new UM Hoops Forum

Welcome to our new message board system! We’re hoping that the new system will bolster the community with a better user interface and more advanced features.

There might be a learning curve, but we’re confident that this is a much better solution.

Old posts and users were migrated from the old system, **but you will have to reset your password in order to use the new system. **

To reset your password:

1. Click Login
  2. Click Reset Your Password
  3. Enter the username or email address that you used to register at the old forum
  4. Check your email and follow any instructions

Please let me know if you have any issues by replying to this thread or emailing umhoops@gmail.com.

I’m still trying to validate that emails are sending correctly. That will be required to reset your passwords.

Stay tuned.

Okay seems like the password reset is working properly now. Was just able to test it. Please check your spam filters as well (let me know if you are seeing it in spam).

1 Like

I got password reset easy enough. Going to take a while to adjust. I’m sorta slow

1 Like

You guys will note that there’s just a ‘like’ option here. No more negative and other reactions. The idea is that if you disagree with something someone says, explain yourself and your opinion. As always, focus on view points and not the people that hold them.

Also you guys should be sure to update your email and notification settings in your profile. You can control when you get certain types of emails and digests.

Thanks for your hard work Dylan! This looks great!

1 Like

One feature you guys might not have noticed… If you click the Twitter icon in the top right it will show tweets from players, media, coaches, etc. right within the site. (I removed some of the recruits just because they tweet about so much other stuff). Let me know if you guys want any feeds added to the list.

That is definitely cool.

How do you quote in a reply?

Highlight the text and then a ‘quote reply’ button appears abovve

Nifty.

I see that replies are real-time, too.

1 Like

A lot of nice features and the site performs really well. The Twitter feed is cool.

2 Likes

Yeah the twitter feed is awesome. That’s the first time I’ve seen that on a forum.

You should put yourself in the feed, too, Dylan.

1 Like

Good idea… Just need to figure out how :slight_smile: anyone else you guys want me to add?

Not off the top of my head. That has got to be my favorite feature so far.

1 Like

Is the 20 character limit for replies changeable? I just had to figure out a way to make “Not Walton?” longer and felt like I was back English 250 lol.

1 Like

I can look into it… the idea is that too short of responses are probably trolling ,spam or need more clarification! I’ll take a look.

Changed it to 10 characters now.

I’m really liking the new forum, Dylan. Good stuff and it loads super fast on a regular PC anyway. Haven’t tried mobile yet.

1 Like