Spoke with Prince Ali last night

Update on the front page, but he definitely is interested in Michigan. Wants to get up to Ann Arbor for a visit this fall and sounds excited for Michigan to come watch him play this July.

Dylan - I assume this is an Ali OR Coleman type of deal, rather than an Ali AND Coleman type of deal?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind taking both, as Ali has the size and athelticism to defend the 3. That type of raw talent and athleticism doesn’t grow on trees. May have the most upside of any recruit on our board regardless of class.

Michigan continues to expand the radar for 2015 guards/wings: offered Eric Davis, more recent interest in Prince Ali/Matt Ryan, still evaluating guys like AJ Turner/Tyler Williams.

I think the 2015 class will be smaller than usual, but I think July will be a very interesting month to see how things play out evaluation wise. There’s probably a fair amount of figuring out what Michigan has to work with as well which should be helped along with the trip to Italy and practices beforehand.

UM or UCLA.

UM or UCLA.

Guestavo,

Is this what’s being reported or is this just your gut feeling?

UM/UCLA seemed to be the two schools he was highest on right now, judging by our conversation last night. He was clear that UConn is still in the mix, but that’s unusual with decommits. Will be interesting to see if anyone else pops up this July though.

I can’t see his name and not think “fabulous he” after reading it. Certainly good to see there are some good wing prospects on the board which the staff seems to be looking to build a class around.

Have a lot of questions regarding this recruitment. We are supposedly one of his leaders after his conversations with JB? Have to wonder if he just wanted to feel more love from the process, or really fell out of favor in his opinion of UCONN?

I can't see his name and not think "fabulous he" after reading it.

I can only imagine his player intro if he was on the starting 5 - “Make way…”

I can't see his name and not think "fabulous he" after reading it. Certainly good to see there are some good wing prospects on the board which the staff seems to be looking to build a class around.

HAHA! I laughed.

Up to #27 in Rivals’ updated rankings

delete

It appears UCONN just filled Ali’s position with Jalen Adams

Rumors of a William Jackson decommitment. I wouldn’t read much into it. That said, think UCLA leads for Ali with UM and UCONN not far behind.

Wait, why do you think UCLA leads? I don’t…

Not that I fully trust skill academy measurements but according to the frontpage article

Shake Milton 6-foot-5, 6’11.5’’ wing span (EYBL: 23 mpg, 12 ppg, 50 % FG, 39 % 3 pt on 3.2 attempts, 82 % FT, 4.2 rpg, 4.1 apg/ 2.1 tpg)

Prince Ali 6’3.5”, 6’6.6” wing span

Kenny Williams 6’3.5”, 6’5.5” wingspan

Jalen Coleman 6’3.5”, 6’4” wingspan

Eric Davis 6’3”, 6’6” wingspan

Really like Milton’s versatility and his height/length negates explosiveness, plus Sanderson would help immensely.

If Swanigan, Sharma, Ahmad and Ellenson all pass, I wonder if the staff elects for 2 perimeter players in 2015 and forgo a chance at Langford, Battle, Murray, Bridges, Gordon and King?

A small combo (Davis, Williams, Coleman) could easily play next to a bigger wing (Milton, Ali, Dozier, Bacon and to a lesser extent Turner and Ryan), personally I wouldn’t hesitate to take 2.