Michigan "making move" for Prince Ali - top-75 G and UConn Decommit (link)

An offer seems likely if Prince Ali visits.

link($):
https://michigan.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=883&script=%2Fcontent.asp&cid=1650946

I’m hoping a full court press of PJ Dozier happens but Prince Ali is good.

Big,long, athletic and physical slasher. Jumpshot is questionable. Victor Oladipo like.

You must have been thinking the same thing I was

I’m hoping a full court press of PJ Dozier happens but Prince Ali is good.

Big,long, athletic and physical slasher. Jumpshot is questionable. Victor Oladipo like.

You must have been thinking the same thing I was, literally just posted the same thing in the offer day thread. Can guard the 2, 3, and even 4 with that athleticism.

Here you go:

His stats with the Southern Stampede, through 16 games in the EYBL,

21.8 ppg, 45 FG%, 39.2% from three on 3.2 attempts per game.

Thanks for the clips and stats. Seems like his shot is good enough for JB & Co to work with, especially if that’s his weakness.

Any indication Dozier will visit?

Thanks for the clips and stats. Seems like his shot is good enough for JB & Co to work with, especially if that's his weakness.

Any indication Dozier will visit?

He says in the fall, as does Dwayne Bacon.

That’s good news, thanks.

One of the best players I saw in Dallas. He is a freak athlete. I wouldn’t be surprised if the kid could touch the top of the backboard.

Bear I know you were super impressed with him in Dallas. By most accounts he has the tools to become a big time stopper. How did he do when matched up with Brunson?

He was the best player on the floor in that game. Brunson played good, Ali better. My brother and I did not have him on the list of people to look at when watching Brunson and within 5 minutes, we asked who he was and if he had any offers to someone in the stands. Guy tells us Uconn, and I immediately respond: “that makes sense.”

Prince was the most athletic player we watched. I’m not sure how he would fit in JB’s system but you find away to make it work due to his pure athleticism. His shot needs work but it’s not awful. Would love to have him.

Solid.

No mention of UM in this update from yesterday, says UConn, UCLA, and IU are “involved”

http://hoopsintel.sportswar.com/2014/06/16/prince-ali-looking-to-form-new-list-in-july/

Scout said Prince was the one who reached out to UM and the staff has reciprocated the interest.

IF UM could get 2 of Dozier/Coleman/Ali (not saying it is likely), should they?

I think you only take 2 if Ali is part of the equation because he has enough positional versatility to play the 2, 3 or 4. Dozier AND Coleman would be redundancy in the same class.

I think you only take 2 if Ali is part of the equation because he has enough positional versatility to play the 2, 3 or 4. Dozier AND Coleman would be redundancy in the same class.

Dozier is 6’5’‘-6’6’’ and could play 1,2,3 and is a WAY better on-ball player than Coleman.

I don’t see huge difference between

Battle and Dozier
Coleman and Murray

and Ali might have a higher ceiling than all of them

I have to take your word on Dozier because I’m not that familiar with him.

Certainly agree that Ali has the highest ceiling of all 3.

I think so. They're all certainly good enough and different enough. It'd probably mean no 2G in 16 because you wouldn't need one. A scholarship would have to free up. But I'd say chances are very slim at this point of that happening.
I think so. They're all certainly good enough and different enough. It'd probably mean no 2G in 16 because you wouldn't need one. A scholarship would have to free up. But I'd say chances are very slim at this point of that happening.

We have a free 1 + Hatch, no?

Wing is the only position I worry about in our 2016 recruiting.

I may be way off, but I’m assuming Hatch has a basketball scholarship until he decides he doesn’t want it. And I’m completely fine with that. And I agree that if we can take care of that position in 15 so we don’t have to worry about 16, that’d be nice. But at this point I think our odds of getting zero of those guys is higher than getting two of them.