Should we bring Max Bielfeldt back?

More on Max here http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/05/max_bielfeldt_wins_appeal_to_a.html#incart_story_package

What’s the reason for not bringing him back for one more year of the scholarship is just going to remain vacant

Maybe he just wants to play elsewhere. Also, maybe we want more minutes to develop Doyle, Wilson and Donnal. If Max comes back, he will definitely play big minutes again.

The article said he wants to come back.

I get the development thing, but they need to win some games next year and it may take some minutes from max for that to happen

I agree, Jaker, if Max comes back he could conceivably help us to win a few games. As for developing our young bigs, I truly believe banging against a strong and savvy fifth year Max in practice would help in their development. As for playing time I seriously believe Doyle will play the majority of the minutes in any case. Wilson’s minutes, at the 5 at least, could be affected unless he makes a big jump, something we are all hoping for. As for Donnal, he will be in his third year (albeit one year was a red shirt), if his playing time is again diminished as a result of being beaten out by Max, then the handwriting really is on the wall. Having said this, I truly believe there are some things we just don’t know. At the risk of being criticized by some on this board, I’ll just trust Coach B on this one.

I agree, Jaker, if Max comes back he could conceivably help us to win a few games. As for developing our young bigs, I truly believe banging against a strong and savvy fifth year Max in practice would help in their development. As for playing time I seriously believe Doyle will play the majority of the minutes in any case. Wilson's minutes, at the 5 at least, could be affected unless he makes a big jump, something we are all hoping for. As for Donnal, he will be in his third year (albeit one year was a red shirt), if his playing time is again diminished as a result of being beaten out by Max, then the handwriting really is on the wall. Having said this, I truly believe there are some things we just don't know. At the risk of being criticized by some on this board, I'll just trust Coach B on this one.

The only big man to develop this year is Doyle IMO. As much as I like Donnal, this is gonna end up being his last shot. With having Davis and Teske coming in for 2016, it will not look good for Donnal after this year IMO.

I agree, Jaker, if Max comes back he could conceivably help us to win a few games. As for developing our young bigs, I truly believe banging against a strong and savvy fifth year Max in practice would help in their development. As for playing time I seriously believe Doyle will play the majority of the minutes in any case. Wilson's minutes, at the 5 at least, could be affected unless he makes a big jump, something we are all hoping for. As for Donnal, he will be in his third year (albeit one year was a red shirt), if his playing time is again diminished as a result of being beaten out by Max, then the handwriting really is on the wall. Having said this, I truly believe there are some things we just don't know. At the risk of being criticized by some on this board, I'll just trust Coach B on this one.

The only big man to develop this year is Doyle IMO. As much as I like Donnal, this is gonna end up being his last shot. With having Davis and Teske coming in for 2016, it will not look good for Donnal after this year IMO.

I know you said in your opinion, but it’s a ridiculous opinion to say that somebody flat out won’t develop in a given year. And are you saying that Wagner and Wilson aren’t going to develop either?

I know you said in your opinion, but it’s a ridiculous opinion to say that somebody flat out won’t develop in a given year. And are you saying that Wagner and Wilson aren’t going to develop either?

As much as I like Donnal and he is one of my favorites, the kid is just soft. He doesn’t have a mean bone in him and just doesn’t get nasty down low. I was very pumped for him to play and thought he was gonna blow minds, but he just doesn’t get physical.

Michigan transfer Max Bielfeldt told @CBSSports he will visit Indiana on Sunday. Immediately eligible. #iubb

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 16, 2015

C’mon Max, please don’t give that dummy JB’s playbook. Play for Hoiberg or literally anyone else.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Max ends up at Indiana after his visit tomorrow.

Will he even get PT at Indiana? I figured he would transfer somewhere that he knows for sure he will get decent minutes

Will he even get PT at Indiana? I figured he would transfer somewhere that he knows for sure he will get decent minutes

Without Hanner and Davis, he’ll probably be battling Emmitt Holt for the backup five spot behind Thomas Bryant.

Wouldn't be surprised if Max ends up at Indiana after his visit tomorrow.
I'd be happy if he ends up there, since I'm moving to Bloomington in a few months. Will still have a Michigan man to go see there!

He would be a tough matchup for Michigan if he plays a traditional 4 at indiana

No he wouldn’t… Imagine him trying to guard our 4s… That’s a bigger mismatch than he would have on the other end of the court

Bielfeldt update http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/05/18/max-bielfeldt-on-iu-visit-it-went-great/