Max Bielfeldt considering Bradley

Not the most surprising news as Bielfeldt is from Peoria and also considered Bradley the first time around.

Good place for him to finish his career …

Good for him. Bradley could use some help and Bielfeldt could be a nice player with consistent minutes.

Ok, at this point I think its fair to say none of us have any idea what the hell is going on outside of JB.

Max Bielfeldt says he's still exploring options for fifth year of eligibility. Michigan still an option.

— Brendan F. Quinn (@BFQuinn) April 15, 2015
Ok, at this point I think its fair to say none of us have any idea what the hell is going on outside of JB.

Max Bielfeldt says he's still exploring options for fifth year of eligibility. Michigan still an option.

I’m not ruling out that JB has lost his mind lol this is a strange recruiting time that’s for sure.

Odd. With Caris seemingly coming back, I wonder if this is based on the uncertainty regarding Wagner. Or perhaps (albeit unlikely) Max is willing to pay his way for a 5th year.

Max Bielfeldt hasn't made decisions, looking at many schools. Asked directly if he could come to U-M as a walk-on, he said everything's open

— Mark Snyder (@Mark__Snyder) April 15, 2015

Stay and play as a walk-on would be neat! I think his family is pretty well-heeled. . .

Would be nice to get him back as a walk on for the depth and experience. For not having contributed much in the past he played pretty admirably a few times this past season.

I happen to like his game a lot. He’d be an amazing bonus as a walk-on, if that were to actually come through. I would be curious to see how he’d perform with 20-29 minutes every night…hypothetically.

Matt, I appreciate the updates/comments. But I would rather not be spoken for by you with “none of us have any idea”. I don’t know for sure, but I think it’s reasonable to say that things with Moritz Wagner getting cleared for UM may be trickier than initially thought. At least that’s my thought.

And Michigan still being an option was in reference to him being asked about walking on and him not saying no.

Matt, I appreciate the updates/comments. But I would rather not be spoken for by you with “none of us have any idea”. I don’t know for sure, but I think it’s reasonable to say that things with Moritz Wagner getting cleared for UM may be trickier than initially thought. At least that’s my thought.

Point taken on not speaking for you. Minor sticking point though - you obviously take issue with me making a general assumption, only to make a ‘reasonable’ assumption, but yet you ‘don’t know for sure’…just a bit baffled. In any event, I’ll refrain from speaking on your behalf.

I happen to like his game a lot. He'd be an amazing bonus as a walk-on, if that were to actually come through. I would be curious to see how he'd perform with 20-29 minutes every night...hypothetically.

As a practice player, I agree, any team in the country would love to have him on the roster. As a guy logging 20-29 minutes… Count me out.

I’d rather lose with the young pups then play Max 20+ minutes next year and MAYBE get an extra win.

In the video on the blog, they asked JB about him as a walk-on and he said he hadn’t considered it.

I happen to like his game a lot. He'd be an amazing bonus as a walk-on, if that were to actually come through. I would be curious to see how he'd perform with 20-29 minutes every night...hypothetically.

As a practice player, I agree, any team in the country would love to have him on the roster. As a guy logging 20-29 minutes… Count me out.

I’d rather lose with the young pups then play Max 20+ minutes next year and MAYBE get an extra win.

Disagree. We need to win. If Max gives us the best chance to do that, play him.

In all fairness, I love Max for his all out effort and toughness, but if he gives you the best chance to win (as a starter anyway)…the chances are probably not very high to begin with.

In all fairness, I love Max for his all out effort and toughness, but if he gives you the best chance to win (as a starter anyway)…the chances are probably not very high to begin with.

I don’t disagree with your assertion. That scenario certainly would not bode well for the season.

I still disagree with mpbear saying he’d rather lose with the young guys than maybe get an extra win with Max. To channel Herm Edwards, you play to win the game. Doing anything else would be a huge disservice to the players on the team.

I don’t disagree with your assertion. That scenario certainly would not bode well for the season.

I still disagree with mpbear saying he’d rather lose with the young guys than maybe get an extra win with Max. To channel Herm Edwards, you play to win the game. Doing anything else would be a huge disservice to the players on the team.

I’m on board with that…I want to win, and I want to win now.

Max’s situation seems pretty obvious. If Caris leaves and UM doesn’t bring in Brown or Williams or find anyone else they really like, Max gets the scholly. If not, he goes to Bradley or somewhere else.